Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as many of you know, nissan skyline r32's made in 1989 are legal for import to the US. So can I just go to Canada buy a 1989 r32 then drive it back across the border or do I have to go through other checks and procedures before they allow me to do that.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
It's going to be a waste of your time to just go across the border and drive any ole 32 back. You'll be pissed the first time you get waxed by a Camry. ;) The RB20 produces about the same HP as the SR20. You can go get a GT-R but you're still going to get waxed by any ole Mustang. The older RB26 only sits at about 290HP. A 32 is not a magical unicorn and it has decades old technology. If you can get one that's built up, then that's a different story. Usually, though, built means abused. People really need to get off the Skyline kick. Now, if you talk R34 GT-R V-Spec or R35, that's a different story.

With all that being said, legality will depend on the state you are in and what their applicable laws are for legality.

·
Registered
84 Posts
"I guess I was a little dramatic when I responded to this, but spending 6 years in Japan will numb you to the JDM cars, unfortunately."
That's very understandable, man. I've heard of their "infamy" before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts