Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guyz. i recently sent off my harness to carl h to be worked on. iam going to be getting almost all my other parts for my swap. my question is??

-should i wait till my engine harness is here to drop the engine and transmission in the car?? or should i put it in and run the harness with the engine in the bay?? the upper harness shouldn't be a problem. but what about the lower harness(starter and altenator)?? should i wait or would it be harder to hook up the harness in the engine?? :12dunno

·
Registered
466 Posts
put the engine in while you wait. the harness wont be hard to put in IMO. im sure once u do that u will find other things to do while you wait

·
Registered
466 Posts
yup but also i would just make sure u do most of the engine stuff before you put it in. timing belt, water pump ect. id also replace any gaskets and hoses while its out. i regret doing not this. after i put mine in i had a coolant hose leak. also my exhaust gasket was leaking. also good time to replaced the plenum gasket. also while you wait you can mock up your exhaust, i/c piping, hook up your fuel lines, heater hoses and im sure a bunch of other stuff. make your swap faster by not waiting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts