Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Realistically, what would one be lookin at in cost or parts to get the RB25 in an s13 and running..

More than likely I'll stick with heading the SR20 route just because I'm assuming Rb25 will cost more and will also be a lot more work to get into the car and started up.

Anyone have any ideas on parts necessary to complete the swap?

:thumbsup I'd love to search but I'm posting this and getting back to work at my job. :thumbsup

Thanks for any help :1bowdown

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
There is a nice sticky at the top of the page, that'll have your info in it. This has been discussed time and time again. I realize your at work, but if you have the time to post this up, then read the responses you have the time to read throught the sticky at the top of the page.

But the last guy I did an RB25 for, he paid 2400 for the clip after shipping from venus auto, another 680 after shipping for the Mckinney mount kit, another 155 for the driveshaft at our local drive shaft shop, misc fluids etc another 200, then the labor on top of that which ran him 450 (usually ranges from around 800-1300 depending).

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
soo you dont have enough time to search but enough time to do a rb25 swap?
Everything Nismo mentioned plus the misc replacement parts i.e clutch, gauges, cooling accessories, etc.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally have the time.

Thanks for the information you shared and no thanks for the shit talking. :greddy:

I posted it real quick because I had to wandering in my mind and decided that maybe I would get some other info from some people who had knowledge on the subject.

Apparently, I've forgotten what a forum is for.

Thank god for a local board which is filled with very helpful people. :happyfing

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Mafioso said:
I finally have the time.

Thanks for the information you shared and no thanks for the shit talking. :greddy:

I posted it real quick because I had to wandering in my mind and decided that maybe I would get some other info from some people who had knowledge on the subject.

Apparently, I've forgotten what a forum is for.

Thank god for a local board which is filled with very helpful people. :happyfing

A forum is for sharing info...this info has been shared, now it's up to you to find it. This forum has some of the most knowledgeable people on it regarding RB's. I've found that info spread on area specific forums, is generally a little off kilter, alot of half truths and know-it-alls. So good luck with your local forum, hope your swap goes well.

BTW no one was shit talking.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nismo241 said:
A forum is for sharing info...this info has been shared, now it's up to you to find it. This forum has some of the most knowledgeable people on it regarding RB's. I've found that info spread on area specific forums, is generally a little off kilter, alot of half truths and know-it-alls. So good luck with your local forum, hope your swap goes well.

BTW no one was shit talking.
Well, the guys on my local forum have 2-3 cars completed with RB swaps and I also have NICO at my disposal where people don't get pissed at you for not searching.

Exactly, a forum is for sharing info, not telling people.. "HEY SEARCH THIS!".. get's old after a while.

·
Registered
630 Posts
man, I understand the "search" thing gets old, I've had plenty of those days where I just couldn't search for the correct "term"...it can get frustrating..

But these guys aren't telling you to do hours of searching to find some obscure topic, they're telling you to look at the very first "sticky" on the RB Forum post list...

Do like I did, get the swap parts list from that post. Go to a few other forums, read what others have needed to get where you want to be. Then shop around...the RB's are not like the SRs...there is a lot of pieceing stuff together.

Other than parts, the one thing you will need is:

Time, not just for the swap itself, but to wait for parts...there are a lot of places that sell RB stuff really cheap, but they are usually from overseas, and they come to the US on the backs of undertrained, alcoholic Carrier Pigeons. You will also need time to research, to study tech manuals...if you spend the cash for an RB, the last thing you want is for a under-torqued rod bolt to destroy your baby.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Mafioso said:
Well, the guys on my local forum have 2-3 cars completed with RB swaps and I also have NICO at my disposal where people don't get pissed at you for not searching.

Exactly, a forum is for sharing info, not telling people.. "HEY SEARCH THIS!".. get's old after a while.

As turbose said, there is a sticky meant to answer these questions at the top of this page and thats all I was saying to look at. A couple of guys with RB's only means they have experience with their swaps, people on here have done multiple swaps, I myself have done more RB swaps than I care to remember. People tend to help those who help themselves, if you expect anyone to walk you through this swap, do yourself a favor and pay someone to do it, cause you just arent fit for completing it sucessfully, nor maintaining it. You have to be able to problem solve by yourself and asking people on here questions like these shows me that you have a LONG road ahead of you. I'm not trying to sound like an ass here, and I apologize if I do, but I've had to fix numerous people's mistakes because they thought they could rely on forums or the internet to do their swap for them.

·
Registered
630 Posts
here's a list of places to look for info, all these places have been very helpful (posts and members):

www.racebread.com (RB SWAP heaven, probably the best US RB forum I've found)
www.zilvia.net (good info, cheap parts)
www.hybridz.org (good RB info from older [more experianced] members)

There are other good sites in that post up top...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nismo241 said:
As turbose said, there is a sticky meant to answer these questions at the top of this page and thats all I was saying to look at. A couple of guys with RB's only means they have experience with their swaps, people on here have done multiple swaps, I myself have done more RB swaps than I care to remember. People tend to help those who help themselves, if you expect anyone to walk you through this swap, do yourself a favor and pay someone to do it, cause you just arent fit for completing it sucessfully, nor maintaining it. You have to be able to problem solve by yourself and asking people on here questions like these shows me that you have a LONG road ahead of you. I'm not trying to sound like an ass here, and I apologize if I do, but I've had to fix numerous people's mistakes because they thought they could rely on forums or the internet to do their swap for them.
Well said.

And getting mad because you aren't getting what you want.. makes ya look like a baby when momma takes the toy away. I never get tired of seeing people say "SEARCH".. it's usually a justified response.

After being around for a while you start feeling old when you see the same questions still popping up. Then it's one nOOb teaching another because the veterans would rather tend to more important technical threads helping with something that hasn't been touched on.. or they're busy searching. I'm usually searching.. that's almost all I use forums for.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nameless RB26 said:
Well said.

And getting mad because you aren't getting what you want.. makes ya look like a baby when momma takes the toy away. I never get tired of seeing people say "SEARCH".. it's usually a justified response.

After being around for a while you start feeling old when you see the same questions still popping up. Then it's one nOOb teaching another because the veterans would rather tend to more important technical threads helping with something that hasn't been touched on.. or they're busy searching. I'm usually searching.. that's almost all I use forums for.
also well said.

I believe (and deeply hope) that there is enough info on the internet for anyone to complete any of the RB swaps. While it may not all be in "how-to" form, I'm sure it's there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts