Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got my RB25DET set in my 1990 Nissan 240sx, and I am now having a big problem with the mounting brackets. When I bought the engine, it came with the mounting brackets, but now I am having a problem with the distance to the stock ones. I am about 3" away from the stock slots, where you would mount the ka engine, and to add more to that the engine can only move about 1/2" more towards the fire wall. So I was just wondering if there is anyway that I could just do it/ weld it myself. Or if I need to go and get whole new brackets?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
984 Posts
haha you should research whats required to do an rb swap before you buy and try. you need rb25 s13 motor mounts that alot of tuning companies make.

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
thanks alot guys but i ended up finding a totaled 240sx that had that same swap done in it. the engine was gone but they forgot to take those modded mounts. SCORE! so i am in the clear. thanks for the help tho!
Really?:bs

welcome to the community, post some pics

·
Registered
984 Posts
no bull shit. the insurance company was selling the car for parts, it is missing alot but it had some shitty mounts but the engine that was in it before was an RB20DET so i just took them 150$ but i dont care as long as they work

the mounts were for an RB20. not RB25 as you said you had

1 - 7 of 7 Posts