Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 93 s13 se and I'm planing on putting around 20k in my 240 once I graduate from college. I've decided between either the rb26 or the 2jz. I want to have a nissan motor under my hood but if the 2jz is that much better than I will settle for it. If you could choose between the two which would it be, the rb26 or the 2jz.

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
I dont see a pole and this has been covered before. Also half ass post. 20k wow. I would spend more time paying off my loans and credit cards before dropping 20k on anything thats not a house. Fuck with 20k you can buy 2 and do both swaps. I say just do both

·
Registered
9 Posts
wow, nice reply. Way to not help him at all. I think since its his money and his car he can do with it what he wants. Hows that sound??

And what you said about wanting to keep a nissan motor under the hood is exactly how i feel about any car really, so because of that reason Id do the rb26. Good luck with everything, later.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the big deal about investing $20,000 in a 240. Yeah, I could buy a used 350z for the same price, but I'm a "go before show" kinda guy and from what I can tell a 240 with as much money as a Z invested into it goes alot faster and doesn't look to bad either.

my goal is 600rwhp.

·
Registered
126 Posts
just get a built r33 engine then every1 will hate on u the 2jz is kool but from like when u show ur friends every1 is like whats that and u have 2 go 2jz lool and with the skyline engine just show up where there is hondas and say skyline so they hate lool

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've done alot of web surfing and it seems the easier swap would be the 2jz. I said in my first post that I would settle for the 2jz if it had significantly better numbers and from my research on the two motors, it does. Tech2 has all the swap stuff I will need for the 2jz swap (I am still yet to find a good rb26 swap site) and the 600rwhp goal I have can be done on the 2jz on stock internals (600 on the rb26 is pushing it).The 2jz tranny is also alot sronger than the rb25 tranny.Plus, The 2jz motor fits better in the s13 than the rb26 because the intake and exhaust ports are on different sides so you don't have to worry about clearence issues with the turbo(s). It goes back to the old saying "there's no replacement for displacement" the 2jz is bigger so the power is easier to attain.

This is one of those situations were I want someone to prove me wrong. If you have better reason why I should swap for the rb26 than "keep it nissan" please post and let me know.

·
Registered
423 Posts
2jz is also easier to get parts for. RB26 stuff you cant get at your local auto parts store

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
2jz is also easier to get parts for. RB26 stuff you cant get at your local auto parts store
We Have a Winner...

While I would do it all Nissan, if you plan on driving it hard, it will break.. and your local parts slinger or dealer doesn't carry RB parts

Drop a Titan V8 in it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We Have a Winner...

While I would do it all Nissan, if you plan on driving it hard, it will break.. and your local parts slinger or dealer doesn't carry RB parts

Drop a Titan V8 in it

Would it even fit? And if it did, were would I get parts for a titan swap.The reason I want a 2jz is someone already thought about it and now sells parts for it. One thing I'm trying to avoid is custom making everything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ive done massive research on what kind of swap i should do..and im still with my ka24 lol. (but not for long) ive gone from ka-t sr20 to rb25 rb26, but as they said before, parts is an issue, and if ur going to be using this as a daily driver, your gunna need your parts in a few days.. with the RB you might have to limit urself for 1-2 weeks of shipping, not to mention it's prb coming over seas. so shipping wont be to fun. If ur numbers are gunna be in the 600's, then there should be no queston that a 2jz should be in ur engine bay. Beacuse of the stock internal strength. Now if your looking for the "WOW" factor, to me nothing is more HOLY SHIT??!?! than a supra engine in a 240sx. but thats just me... In other words, if your looking for high numbers, easy part access, and prb a cheaper build in the long run, the 2jz would be ur best option. But if wanna bounce ur rev limiter all day while doing burnouts and crap, I would go with the rb26det. just my 2 cents

did some math the other day correct me if im wrong, but you can have a 2jz swapped in for around $8,000 where as an rb26 with all the custom work could be from $10k+.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts