Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He guys,

I'm really in a bind right now. Im doing an auto to manual swap and I've hit a wall.. I removed the shaft and all of the bell housing bolts but the transmission wont slide off. Now i thought that i might have to remove the torque converter to slide it off but when i tried to turn the crank pully the whole transmission turned. So i bolted up two bolts on the bell housing again and the crank wont turn. Now i know the engine is fine cause i used to go to the garage to run the engine once a month. Now could the tranny have siezed up and if so how would i go about removing it? Some say it should just slide off with some wiggling and effort. I really need help from those who are experienced with the auto tranny asap.. HELP =(

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I did mine a few weeks ago and it should slide right off. Make sure you have all the bolts off. Have someone help you out and use some elbow grease and pull that sucker off. Nothing should be holding it back. The fun part is taking the automatic bushing out once the flywheel is off hahah.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I just needed the reassurance lol... I know, i got the pilot busing removal tool. I just need a slide hammer that fits the thing. I was just worried because, when i was tryig to slide the tranny off, it looked like it was pulling the flywheel with it. It made me nervous.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i tried the slide hammer type puller and the auto pilot bushing wouldnt budge...i ended up using an impact hammer..took like 2 seconds to get off

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Angelslide said:
Thanks I just needed the reassurance lol... I know, i got the pilot busing removal tool. I just need a slide hammer that fits the thing. I was just worried because, when i was tryig to slide the tranny off, it looked like it was pulling the flywheel with it. It made me nervous.
I took a few automatics out, sometimes the tq convertor comes out with the tranny, but the flywheel should not

1 - 7 of 7 Posts