Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever cut out part of the middle of the back seat to mount a sub box in the middle? I just kinda wanna know how to get started and how to hold the box in the seat. I tried to find an example but sorry couldn't find one. Im probably looking to mount a 10 or 12 inch Pioneer shallow series

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have seen it done before on different cars, but not a 240sx. I would like to see if it can be done though. I think you would have to rebuild the seatback frames, padding, covers, etc. though to do it right. Would look f'in sweet though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
^ yea I have seen it on a Chevy Cobalt SS with clear LED housing, but the middle part of the bench seat i dont think is wide enough to mount it, unless you get like an 8" sub or something. Let me know if you try or how it comes out.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I've seen an S13 with two 10" in the back seat facing forward. Me personally, I like to keep my equipment out of sight for theft reasons. And on top of that it would probably sound like crap.
I have two 10" in the trunk facing the rear (hatchback) and I have to turn the bass way down because it over powers everything else. Having even 1 10" woofer facing the front of the car less than 4 feet from your head will just drown out your mids and tweeters.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
ive been thinking about doing this too... for a long while now... but i too heard it will sound like shit... but im not looking for TONS of bass... just enough to give it a bit more of a beat... so i figured a good single 12 with a good amp, set at a low to mid setting with the bass kinda low would be perfect, and it shouldnt be too distorted, at least not enough for you to tell it is...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts