Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear speakers arn't working. The SPEAKERS work, but im just not getting any power. I'm not sure where the connections are or where i should look to fix the problem, any tips on where to look?

I got a Alpine deck and some cheap ass walmart speakers, someone tell me what i should be looking for in the back of the deck to see if the wires connected or wired properly :eek:

Ty in advance!! :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
maybe its just your old oem speaker wiring...

Agree's... Mine were rotted in half when i first got my car. It doesn't hurt anything to just run new speaker wire to the back and pull the old stuff. I am sure there are wiring diagram's on the site somewere... this site has everything a 240 owner could want! Except cheap CA's... :tears

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so just rip out the rear speaker wires and replace them with new stuff? By the looks of it everythings wrapped in 200 layers of electricians tape, could i just undo the wires and cap them off and run new ones through without having to rip the tape off?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K so i was just in the garage, i hooked up the walmart speakers to the rear spots and i noticed that the wires that are at the rear are the same colors as the +/- wires in the front, when the FSM says that they should be different... So i hooked them up, turned on some tunes, fronts still working, and the right rear is working but the rear left isn't..
I went to shut my car door and then the rear right stopped working and i found out if i put a wire from the left to metal (Grounding it) it turns off the rear right speaker... :eek:?
What i thinks going on here is that the dude that installed these POS speakers in the rear tapped into the front speaker wires to power the rear ones.. maybe?? im assuming that the car amps in the back so all the wires come from there, and the guy got mixed up.
should i search for the Green/red and Pink/blue wires in the massive group of wires and cut and wire them properly?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
i would just replace the wires entirely. just pull out the plastics in the rear , pull the carpet up by taking the door sill off and replace it with 16 gauge wire. the reason why i said pull out the plastics is so that you can hide the wires and make it look clean they sell speaker wire in 100foot spools at radio shack for like 10 bux. dont worry about pulling out the old wires because they are tied in to the rear wire harness. just connect em up directly off of your head unit wiring harness and dont worry about the stock hook ups on the factory harness because when your done they will not be hooked up to anything. i had to replace the wires to all four of my speakers because the connections because they were shot. good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts