Nissan 240SX Forums banner

rebuilding

444 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Sackajaweeba 
#1 ·
im having my motor rebuilt, but i have a couple questions.
1) hes charging me 1700 for everything taking out the motor rebuilding and putting it back in is that a fair price?

2) he said for me to get new forged pistons even if i supplied them would be 500 to install while he is rebuilding. He said he would have to get the block blue printed and something else. Does this sound right?

#2 ·
Sounds like you need to do a little more research before you hand someone a wad of cash to rebuild your engine.

$1700 I guess doesn't sound bad if he is doing a COMPLETE rebuild. Gaskets, etc.. Because the parts along for an OEM rebuild are around 700-900.

#5 ·
That includes labor and parts, gaskets seals bearings everything. Plus him pulling and installing the motor. Im sure this is a good deal, but im not sure on the pistons thing. Do you need to have the block blue printed if ur using same size pistons but just forged? What does it require to put new pistons in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.