Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Getting a new fender to replace beat up one currently installed. Can anyone tell me how I would go about removing it myself? I assume I will have to take off the wheel and pop the hood to access the screws...Is it that simple? Is it a tough task for a begginer in vehicle repairs? I want to do it myself so I can stop paying mechanics everytime something goes wrong. Any info would be much appriciated! Thanks

·
GnarKiller
5,118 Posts
Yup its very easy. Just pop the hood and unbolt all the top bolts that go down into the frame. There are two bolts in the hinge of the door and one more on the bottom of car near the frame rail as well. Then unscrew the fender well casing and unbolt the front bumper and its off.

Check out postiron's post on this thread if your still in the dark.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/342019

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fffffffuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkiiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggggggg newb
yeah, i notice there is ALWAYS one person who contributes absolutey nothing but stupid comments on each and every thread. I guess he was just born with all the knowledge he has about cars, cuz he was obviously never a newb huh?

As far as taking stuff apart, if i didnt know how to take it apart i started removing bolts that looked important to holding it on, and when it didnt come loose i looked for bolts i may have missed and eventually got it, but as for a fender......its pretty easy like stated above. The entire swap should take about 2 hours or so for a beginner. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
^^ shut the fuck up newb. dam taking off a fucking fender is one of the easiest things to do i can swap out mine in 30 min before i had even known how to do it so shit shut the fuck up

·
Registered
76 Posts
I hate to be off topic, and make pointless posts but your not cool running around saying fuck you fuck this fuck that.
I must agree this was a pretty lame question to post on here, but still.

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
Alright you guys need to calm down or this complete thread will get deleted and the proper ppl given bad rep, cut it out!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I went to this dudes house who was selling a stock fender. In the picture, it accually looked like a Authentic Nissan OEM fender.....I thought I was coming up on a deal...Ended up being non-Nissan...made in Taiwan I think?
I didnt end up buying it cuz I scetched out thinking it could be a super piece of shit. Had to come here first and ask you guys! :) I fogot the name of it though, damn! (fail) It was definatly brand new in box. Not sure of the quality though. Seemed a little 'flimsy' to be a important car part but then again, I dont know what an OEM fender feels like either....Are they supposed to be solid? How do most aftemarket stock parts compare to originals?

Im not going to mess with my current fender until/if I go through with this purchase. I need your guys' opinion first though. Buy or dont buy? Sorry I didnt give much of a description!

If i do end up buying, I plan on doing a step by step with pics for those newbs who need it. (some people have nice cars with minimal vehicle repair knowledge and dont feel confident just throwing a wrench in there to see whatll happen, know what im sayin)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
One little piece of advice, there's a hidden nut next to on a bracket near the front of the fender, that's almost impossible to remove without a ratcheting wrench, or taking off the bumper first. It's the only one that you can't see buy looking around the fender. My advice would be take off the front bumper first to remove that stupid nut, and never put it back on. In fact, my whole front end probably has half the amount of bolts/nuts it started with, for ease of removal next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts