Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i have a s13 hatch. im trying to get a set of MICKEY THOMPSON drags on the car. what size tire and rim can i use on my hatch.i want it to look like this car somewhat i just dont no what rim size or tire size to use to get this look. is a 15x10 rim to big will whats the bigest size tire i can fit in the back before it starts comming out the wheel well.

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
Or since your using american wheels, you can measure yourself. Get a tape and a straight edge. Measure from the wheel lip to the coil, subtract an inch (1/2" on each end for safe clearance) and that will give you a width, now with your tape there put the straight edge across the rotor hat/wheel flange and from there to the 1/2 off the wheel lip is your back space measurement. Once you have a wheel size figured out you can go to mickey thompsons site and check for tires that fit that wheel.

You can cut it closer then 1/2" if you wish, thats just a good safe cushion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well right now i have a 16 in the back and a 15 up front. im trying to go 15 all around weight savings. also the offset on these rims are 0 from what i can see just by looking at the car the 15 front tire is flush. the 16 in the back is poping out some very little. so i was thinking of lie a +1 or +2 offset on the back and front to sit them right at the fenders. not sure ill have to look into it more. ill do what u said and see what i can come up with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts