Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any experience with these harness/roll bars?

http://www.livermoreperformance.com/autopower_roll_bars.html

most come a with a 4pt. harness connection.

price seems decent, but i'm no roll bar expert. any of you gurus have any opinions?

i was looking at either the "street rollbar" or the "race roll bar w/ options".

·
Registered
221 Posts
Autopwer is pretty decent stuff. I've been in a car or two with the full cages and the headroom sucks because the bars aren't very tight against the car, but you won't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
471 Posts
autopower is the only bolt on cage i trust but if you get one make sure you padd it around your head whatever cage you use dont get a cusco one they are useless

·
Registered
369 Posts
andrewmp6 said:
autopower is the only bolt on cage i trust but if you get one make sure you padd it around your head whatever cage you use dont get a cusco one they are useless
A Cusco is a useless piece of junk for many reasons... but the main reason is it will not pass a single standard for Roll Over Protection.

Autopower however will meet Roll Over Protection Standards but because their Cages are "mass produced" pretty much their fitment is not the greatest (as mentioned above) and by great I mean they could follow the profile of the pillar better or be tigther to the roof etc.. but they've made them with that "free room" sort of to ensure fitment in the Car.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
so you dont knock yourself out crawling in back for things. freakin hurts hitting those bars with your head.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I didn't really read what you said, because that FC is badass. /OT

·
Premium Member
10,596 Posts
autopower roll bars and cages rule.
track legal by every sanctioned racing body, not to expensive, and good fitment.
the only downside is that they don't come powdercoated.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
andrewmp6 said:
you pad the bars around your head in case you wreck you dont dent your skull lol
no you wear a helmet so you dont dent your skull. 1/4 foam padding isnt gonna save anything if your head slaps it at 60 or 70 mph, it might soak up some of the blood though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts