Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I know if I look through the forums i will find the answer but i'm very limited on time. So I apologize to everyone.

Well like the thread says I have an 89 s13 i put an sr20det I got it to turn on and run but it is running to rich. If I have the the MAF conected the car will turn on then die. If I disconect it the car will run better. Also if I disconect the ground to the MAF the car will run better. Well what I found today is when I connect the the ground it will cut the signal to the injectors and tell the computer to stop sending signals to the injector. Just wondering if anyone knows what i can do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats making you say your running to rich? Y band? i would find someone with a sr with a known good MAF and just throw it on your car and see if it fixes it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my friend who who is a certified mechanic took a quick look at it and said it was running rich plus the clouds of black smoke coming out the exhaust. lol. I was hoping he could help but has been to busy. He told me to give him the ecu wiring diagram so now i have to look for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
lol ya black smoke might be a bit of a hint. but if you cant get a diagram come tuesday let me know cuz i can get you one once i get back into town. but i would still try and find another maf just to try

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have three of them and it does the same with all of them. I found the diagram now i just have to print it so i can take it to my friend. It's a little beyond my level of knowledge. lol. It's my first build and second swap ever. But first time by myself with very little help ofcourse since the car is at his shop. Thanks though I appreciate it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so my friend said all the wiring is correct and he believes I need a new ECU so now to look for an ECU. If anyone has one for sale let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts