Nissan 240SX Forums banner

S13 buzzing noise!

Fastback: 
5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jeff pooley 
#1 ·
I recently bought a '91 240sx for about 1700 dollars. The car has a Nismo fuel pump, intake, 3 inch exhaust, and rebuilt top end including new spark plugs, alternator, ect. It seems that the car might have some electrical problems that some of you might be able to help me with. I have been using this forum for the past couple of months, but didn't have any need to post before now.
I read that if an aftermarket headunit was installed and the wrong two wires were touched during the process that a circuit would burn out. The thread also stated that this burned circuit would cause all dash lights, including glovebox not to work. This is what I am assuming happened with my car.
Another big question I have is when i am driving my RED emergency brake light will be on only when i am driving. The light will turn on and off whenever i press on the gas peddle. This wouldn't be that big of an issue if a god awful buzzing sound didn't happen every time i press on the gas. I sounds like it comes from inside the cabin. I have searched for and still haven't found someone with the same problem. If somebody could turn me to some threads that might address these issues, or just answer it on here, it would be much appreciated. :)

#2 ·
There is a relay behind the head unit and ac head unit. I think its blue, it could be that getting stuck. As for the thing that might have blown that is your tcu behind the drivers side kick panel. Just pull it off and open it and look for any fried wires. It could also be your tail light fuse in the same spot. I would Check that first.

#3 ·
I found the blue relay i think you were talking about, turns out i have a metric ton of electrical tape connecting my headunit. What exactly do you mean by it is getting stuck? Thanks :)

#4 ·
Relays, when triggered (By pressing a button, turning ignition on turn signals, etc.) direct power to a component or turns it off. When they "get stuck" the mechanism inside the relay that changes the course of the power isn't engaging/disengaging, and gets stuck, could make a buzzing noise. Imagine you pull the lever on a train track to direct the train on a different path, but the piece of track that moves to make this happen is getting stuck. That is what happens when a relay sticks

#5 ·
So how would i go about getting the relay unstuck. My turn signals say that a light is out, even though they all flash (other than back left indicator) and after driving my car in the rain today i noticed that the back defrosters and windshield wiper doesn't work. Maybe some sort of connect between the other problems?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.