Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently bought a 240 from this guy. He was in the middle of the conversion to the Silvia lights. Looks like quickly zip tied on. One problem I have is the hood won’t close all the way. I have oem hood hinges and they won’t even light up correctly when they are on the hood and bolted in. They are meant for the car but once the hood goes on. It won’t close on the latch, hood hinges don’t align. Only way I can get the hood to close is if I take off the hood hinges and let it close. Not sure if it’s the hood, hood latch, possibly side fenders ? Or what. Help would be appreciated please thank you.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
You can try to loosen the bolts and get them to a point to where you can still adjust the hood, but not so loose that the hood slides out of alignment. Adjust your hood to see where it can close. You can also adjust the hood latch as well. When you get the hood hinges in a spot you like, then tighten them down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recently bought a 240 from this guy. He was in the middle of the conversion to the Silvia lights. Looks like quickly zip tied on. One problem I have is the hood won’t close all the way. I have oem hood hinges and they won’t even light up correctly when they are on the hood and bolted in. They are meant for the car but once the hood goes on. It won’t close on the latch, hood hinges don’t align. Only way I can get the hood to close is if I take off the hood hinges and let it close. Not sure if it’s the hood, hood latch, possibly side fenders ? Or what. Help would be appreciated please thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts