Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and thanks for the add. My son recently purchased a 1992 S13 as a father son project. The car is beat up pretty good. It doesn’t idle at all. I drove it home about 20 miles and it ran fine all the way home, no issues, other than it doesn’t like to idle. I have checked everything. As I said , it runs fine when you are driving it, just don’t let it die. I purchased a new idle air mixture valve, it still didn’t fix it. I have looked for vacuum leaks, checked the alternator, ran ground s etc with no luck. I have realized that if I unplug the MAF, it idle’s almost normal. I bought a new MAF, still doesn’t work. What could it be.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Maybe even a bad injector? Ive had the issue where if i was trying to coast down mine would die. Only once it was warm though, cold it ran no issues for a few minutes. Ohm the injectors out just to double check them. Around 14 ohms if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe even a bad injector? Ive had the issue where if i was trying to coast down mine would die. Only once it was warm though, cold it ran no issues for a few minutes. Ohm the injectors out just to double check them. Around 14 ohms if i remember correctly.
I was going to say that too but he said when the maf was disconnected it ran fine🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 6 of 6 Posts