Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, so i have heard a lot of good things about kts coilovers from friends and the forums, so i purchased a set.
i have searched about lowering a s13 but there is no thread that really goes into detail as far as what is needed to lower the car 1.5-2" and still maintain proper suspension geometry. on one thread a guy said that he had adjustable RUCA's but didnt really go too much into detail. 240kid was saying that there is some adj. with the stock ruca but he didnt know how much adj. there was exactly.

if anyone has lowered their car 1.5-2". did you need any other suspension components to properly align the car?

any advice is greatly appreciated. i am going to install these on the 3rd of april and if anything extra is needed i would like to get them ordered a.s.a.p. so the install/alignment process goes as smooth as possible.
thanks, stan.

·
240-kid
47,144 Posts
Personally anything lower then 2" will require Toe Adj. and Camber Adj. KTS's can go low in excess of 3"
Your stock suspension has OEM Adjustments for F & R Toe, and Rear Camber, All to a certain extent, I do advise you get RUCA's, Tension and Toe Rods, and Tie rods, because if you haven't looked at your stock ones, there pretty dinky...

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 240kid. my buddy was telling me i should get tension rods, so i was already thinking that. but now i realize that i will need a lot more than just that to get the drop i desire. i am not planning on going lower than 2" because where i live there are a lot of DEEP gutter channels at intersections, but its just another peice of info to store in the old brain for later use. oh well, looks like i am going to drop another grand in suspension, good thing i just got a 2200$ scholarship :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts