Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got a question about size logistics.

1990 S13 with a single cam is what I'm working with. There's a likely chance I need to pull my oil pan. 1 it's horribly dented and I don't know if that'll be a problem or not. But more importantly, it's leaking oil at the seal.

The question is, is it possible to remove the oil pan without removing the motor? If so, are there any special tricks to get it out?

Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Unbolt the subframe bolts as far as you can without them falling out, and lift the engine a tad bit,

·
Premium Member
5,166 Posts
I'd prop up the motor using the bottom of the bellhousing. Then completely drop the subframe out of the way. Replace your steering rack bushings while you're under there.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
You can, I've done it once before but to be honest with you the next time I have to remove the pan I'm just gonna take the engine out, because its a PITA. I'd much rather pull the engine out, replace the rear main, clean the pick-up tube and get a good seal on the oil pan.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info. I've actually done alot of the bushings and crap while I had the engine out last time. Kinda why I don't wanna pull it again.

With a couple of options given I'm sure I could probably pull it off in a days time. I'll post up some pics when I go to do it

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I did it I had to take off my sway bar. And make sure you either get a new oil pick up o-ring or dont lose the current one.
I'll do what I can to replace all the seals. Kind of a habbit of mine. thanks for the heads up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts