Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought this was quite funny so i am sharing it with you guys. i was driving normal running at about 3k rpm's in 3rd gear and then my car suddenly lost power but i was close to home and able to pull into my garage. car had no smoke coming out of the exhaust but it had alot of unburnt fuel. you could smell it and see it. i did a compression test on it and #1 and #2 had 170psi where #3 and #4 had 0 psi. i pulled the valve cover off and turns out i snapped the camshaft in half. looking at the #4 cylender it looks like i may have bent a valve so im going to replace the cam and see what kind of damage i may have caused. i am pretty sure it will still run but how well? i get this is going to give me an excuse to swap the motor for an SR b/c my tranny wines like a bitch anyway. haha.

just thought it was interesting

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
your going to need a new head or just that single valve that bent. how many miles are on the motor? if its over 140K i would say just dump it and throw somthing else in.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it snapped right down the middle. the exhaust valve is bent on the #4 cylender or atleast it looks like it is. what sucks is i just had new rings, rod bearings, and a new headgasket put in it with a few other things. kinda a half ass rebuild but it passed smog wich was cool. i only had 5k miles on it after that when this happend. maybe it is b/c i have taken the single cam to 7,500 rpm's a few times. haha no governor so i decided to be stupid and rev the shit out of it to see what the motor could handle. it lost power after 6k rpms so it was kinda pointless of me. im going to say fuck the motor. it is slow anyway. im just going to get the dam SR.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
why are you bumping this you alreaty decided to drop a difrent motor in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts