Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the fix to this. I Plug the battery in and the hazards will not turn off and all lights on dash are flashing with it although hazard switch isn’t on, when hazard switch is pressed hazards operate as normal but when turned off it carries on as before, I recently fitted a radio and then this issue started, don’t think it is the radio as I’ve not done the wiring it was already in from a previous radio and never had this issue before, also don’t have an alarm / immobiliser as I’ve got a new ecu

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your S14's hazard lights won't turn off, it's likely because there's a problem with the hazard light switch. The most common cause of this is a faulty switch, but it could also be a wiring issue. You'll need to diagnose the problem to be sure.
The first thing to check is the fuse for the hazard lights. If it's blown, that could be the reason the lights won't turn off. If not, then you'll need to test the switch itself. To do that, you'll need a multimeter.

To fix this, you'll need to replace the switch. You can do this yourself by following these steps:

1) Disconnect the battery. This will prevent you from electrocuting yourself while working on the hazard light switch.

2) Remove the cover panel on the dash. This will give you access to the back of the Hazard Light Switch.

3) Unplug the connector from the Hazard Light Switch.

4) Using a flat head screwdriver, remove the two screws that hold the Hazard Light Switch in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts