Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 S14 5 speed with a few mods exhaust new drift struts intake etc nothing major i want to drop a SR20 in when i get some cash flow. Heres the deal the cars been driving fine for the first 3 months i had it and it was running fine and one day my batterymrandomley blew up. My positive wire was fried so i picked one up form a junk yard and put it in the car started up and had a rough idle.(If i unplugged my MAF it would idle fine but limited my revs to 2500rpms/ My check engine light came on and it said it was the mass airflow sensor. So i replaced the mass airflow sensor but the problem was not solved. i checked the wires for voltage and resistance and everything was in spec. I checked all relays and all the wires and all the grounds everything looks good. I cant quite figure this out i think it might be the ecu getting a high voltage spark when the battery blew up or somehting along those lines.Or maybe it could be a wire somewhere in the wiring harness IDK im just looking for any help on this and ideas i really dont have the money for both an harness and a ecu both around 500 a piece because its an off year and i dont want to spend a grand when i plan on swapping and sr20 in i also checked for vacuum leaks and came up with nothing.I also looked at my ecu board for burn marks and there was nothing i know it could still be internal thats why im sitll thinking its the ecu. ANY IDEAS?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try swapping ECU's with a friend, or keep looking I had similar symptoms as you did with another car and almost gave up but kept looking n found that it was indeed a bad wire.

I have a spare 95 ECU if you in fact find out that it's bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts