Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of dealing with 20 year old parts, hoping I could go a little newer and score some mildly better rear calipers than the leaky son-sa-bitches I got on there now. "Why not just buy new S13 rear calipers?" because they are ungodlike in their saltiness. I got quoted something like $90 for a single rear caliper. Thing is, I think the S14's were cheaper...at least they are on eBay.

So, what say you?

S14 calipers on a S13?

If it's gonna require milling, drilling, and a complete rewire of the entire chassis, than I'm not really interested...but I don't think I've heard anyone ask this question before, so I'd throw it out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
eBrake brackets are different...anyway around that?

S14 rear pistons are pretty big too...much more than the S13's crap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
where were you quoted 90 bucks for a rear caliper. i got mine from autozone with a lifetime warranty for 67 bucks. Had a 37 dollar core, which i got back the same day. I would never consider doin any amount of work on brakes to install a used part when new parts arent much more.

·
GnarKiller
5,118 Posts
Autozone parts are China made quality. He is probably talking about an OEM caliper from Nissan or something. If you want stopping power start at the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts