Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you bolt an S14 seat up to the OEM S13 seat rails? I may purchase an S14 seat tomorrow but it does not have the rails.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am super noob? No. i've been around 240s for some time now and am very familiar with the S13 chassis. I can practically swap a clutch with my eyes closed.

I knew that the seats with the rails are a direct bolt in, I was just confirming that the seat rails are compatable with the different seats. I didn't want to waste time and have to go buy S14 rails afterwards.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
25 Posts
so the seats are bare without brackets? all of the S chassis seats share the same rails so yea you can go get some s13 s14 or s15 rails and connect them straight to the seat which will bolt straight into the stock threads

oh and if you can try to avoid the older used, rusty s13 brackets I got some s13 seatsout of a junker and the rails were rusted in place

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I am super noob? No. i've been around 240s for some time now and am very familiar with the S13 chassis. I can practically swap a clutch with my eyes closed.

I knew that the seats with the rails are a direct bolt in, I was just confirming that the seat rails are compatable with the different seats. I didn't want to waste time and have to go buy S14 rails afterwards.
All nissan s series cars have seats with integral seat rails - meaning the rails are built into the seat. This is the reason people have so much trouble fitting after market seats and getting them to sit low enough. It is also the reason its very difficult to reuse the rail compnents of stock seats on other makes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts