Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 1989 BMW 325i. It has rebuilt engine with high compression pistons, and pings with the current computer chip I have. It works with the stock chip, but it looses about 15 hp with it. It also has various suspension mods, and I track the car regularly. Overall, it's been a good car with no real problems.

However, I've been looking into 240SX's in the past 6 months, and recently found one that's never been wrecked for $1100. The paint is pretty bad, but the interior, other than the cracked dash isn't bad at all. The engine runs, but has something wrong with it, but I plan on doing an RB20 swap if I get the car. Also I'd do the Z32 brake conversion along with a new suspension.

Should I sell me Beemer for this? I'm more intrested in road racing than drifting, and I'm wondering how capable a 240SX is in that area. Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't currently have a S13 or S14 yet, I'm here to learn more about them myself, but I would personally suggest either 1) Waiting and finding a better complete car to swap first or 2) If you do get it, since it does sound a little more beat up, maybe keep an eye out later for a rolling chassis that's in better condition for the RB swap.

I've GOT to have an AWD car for the winter, so I'll be holding on to my DD, but I'm going to snap up the first rolling chassis I can find local that's in good enough condition. Not sure on the motor I want to put in it yet.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Keep the beemer as a daily driver; They're great cars. And save up for a 240sx. Do alot of side jobs; Anything you're particulary good at? IE: Electronics, Rebuilding engines, Tuning cars, painting etc? IF so; Do alot of little side jobs for people that live around you, It eventually pays up.

·
Registered
654 Posts
its completly capable of road racing, i have tanabe coilovers and mine handled nicely,but remeber, if yor plan on road racing it, then remeber these words TIRES TIRES TIRES

1 - 4 of 4 Posts