Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo, im trying to see if anyone else has had this problem with swapped sr's or if it just a body ground or typical wiring problem.

my car will run fine for a couple of days, weeks, then in one day the battery will die. poof dead. im talking in hours dead, i came home yesterday at 1 and by 7 it was dead. started fine at 6 am and again at 7 and at 830 and 1230 sat around for 6 hrs and it was dead.

if anyone's had this problem and has some advice that'd be great. i really havent started troubleshooting it because this car is a pain in the ass and everytime i get elbow deep in the engine bay it turns into a two day affair.

·
GnarKiller
5,118 Posts
I had the same problem, but my solution was simple and rediculous. I had my interior dome light set so it would be on with the doors open. My drivers side door wouldn't shut completely sometimes, leaving the dome light on, draining the battery. I wrapped some electrial tape around the door assembly and the problem was solved. Plus now I leave the light on OFF mode unless I want to use it.

And YES intercooler DO replace radiators. :rotflmao

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
^ haha same thing happened to me, need a new striker for driver side door. leave my dome light off now too.

couldnt even jump the tiny miata battery, had to charge that shit overnight

try adding a few grounds and make sure your battery connections are all secure

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
freaking MD guys seem to run in packs lol, anyway so i went out charged my little lawnmower battery, stripped back the starter wire (1 gauge), recrimped it with a new tip and covered all ends with dielectric grease and wd 40 cuz i was feeling squirelly. and...it started! now just for how long...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts