Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been looking for a chuki bumper for my hatch, a couple weeks ago i got a hold of a guy who had one for cheap, i finally got around to picking it up today, and when i got there, i decided it best to pick up a few extra things, a few extra things being a 93 convertible, i didnt plan on buying another car but i know they are rare in a sense, and i was told that this one was to be crushed, couldnt let that happen. the only bad part is that it dont have a top guy sold it a week or so ago sadly. i got a very very very good deal on it though. sure i know its pretty beat up but its nothing a little tlc cant fix. just thought i see what you guys thought of her, i know the verts are an acquired taste. thanks guys.:dancingna And yes im pretty sure that is a corvette wheel on the rear. lmao

·
Registered
276 Posts
NICE!
whadyah give for it? I know there are a few vert's around the dayton area in yards and they want like 1800 for them. One doesn't even have a motor!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
That's not a Vette wheel. It's 4 lug, silly.

Congrats on the purchase. Personally, I love verts. I want one, but there aren't any around for a good price in good enough shape.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
out the door i paid 100.00 cash, it came with the auto trans but the guy kept the ka that was in it, along with the ecu, i knew i would hate myself if i let it slip and didnt act on it, i am still tryin to decide what direction i wanna go with it. oh lol i know its a four lug it just reminds me of a old corvette rim

·
Registered
276 Posts
You would have been even luckier if it had a 5 speed tranny in it and not the factory auto...

Those things can be sexy, or look like crap. You have to be really careful with verts if you want them too look good. Im scared of them.. Haha. First thing's first........ RB20... Go even more crazy and track down an RB20dett for it... Talk about rare!

I've got some nice chrome wheel's for it... :)

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Screw all that mess. I'd get some lowering springs for it, and some big meaty tires and some decent wheels. Lower it a little bit, get a good condition KA, and get a header and exhaust for it, and put in a 5 speed. Then, I'd just drive it. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am really unsure about what i wanna do, really was thinkin about doin a silvia front end conversion, then def do a five speed swap, but as far as motor i dunno if i want a ka or an sr, a ka is def cheaper lol but sr so fun especially in a vert....so so many choices.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I would go ahead and do the 5-speed swap. Get all of that taken care of while you've got not motor. Then, no matter whether you go KA or SR, you're covered. That will also give you more time to decide between the KA and SR.

Personally, I would go with the KA, as it's plenty capable of making BPU SR power (230-250whp) on a good-condition stock block, and, for a given turbo setup, will make more power and a lot more torque than the SR, will spool the turbo faster, and will make a lot more power under the curve.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
You would have been even luckier if it had a 5 speed tranny in it and not the factory auto...

Those things can be sexy, or look like crap. You have to be really careful with verts if you want them too look good. Im scared of them.. Haha. First thing's first........ RB20... Go even more crazy and track down an RB20dett for it... Talk about rare!

I've got some nice chrome wheel's for it... :)
please never post on the internet again you dumbfuck

nice find, treat her right

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anybody know of a good five speed swap write up for the vert?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Should be just like swapping every other 240sx.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Yeah, it's not hard at all. It's pretty much plug and play, and the "wiring" on the S13 is really simple. The S14 has slightly more complicated wiring, but it's still not that hard.

You'll need the 5 speed, master, slave, clutch hardline, clutch/flywheel/PP, manual driveshaft (be careful when picking a driveshaft, as ABS driveshafts are of a different length than regular non-ABS ones), MT crossmember, and that's about it. Some miscellaneous wiring, and a new throw out bearing and pilot bushing are a good idea.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeaz but i have looked into a little bit and i heard it can be kinda tricky considering a have the vert top and everything and i wanna keep that top usable with the stock switch.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i def gonna do a 5 speed swap, but hey in the mean time, if anyone has a coupe shell, in round the same shape as my vert, rather it be a empty shell or running i dont care. i would trade my vert maybe let me know!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Man, that's pretty cool! I REALLY hope you build this nice. Take your time if you have to! If that's your coupe you posted, I am sure you will do a good job on it. :)

Assuming you have a garage, I wouldn't be too disappointed it doesn't have a top. That probably needed to be replaced anyway. If you don't have a garage, maybe that should be the first thing you do. lol

That rear wheel looks like one from an 84-88 200SX. The V6 model.

PM me if you need white body parts, particularly the headlight covers and the fenders. I have them available.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
saweet, verts are so cool, i had one for a while, but i just like hard tops more ... so i traded it for a load of parts ha... i wanna see something cool come of this!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man! i wish that was my coupe that i posted, i was originally looking for a coupe but i stumbled upon this, i think the hardest part is to be gettin the title back for it, for some reason the dealership totalled it out. and i bought it from the owners son, now i just gotta figure how i go about gettin the title for it, if i cant i might do track with it, not sure yet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts