Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my s13 for the first time. We put a ka in it (there was a blown one). Anyway, we drove it in open-headers and it was obnoxious and hilarious. But, it didn't back fire and it idled fine. SO after muffler mart fixes my exhaust it'll be ready fro the road.
Anyways,

Anyone wanting to swap an s14 ka34de should note:

The exhaust maifolds are different.
The wiring harness is a bit different too. (two plugs over the back of the head are missing on s14s but, are not required to run properly)
The AC compressor mount is different.
I may add to this but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I went to go get it from muffler mart today and he said it wouldn't start. It just turns over. I tried giving it a little gas but nothing.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i checked no spark. but i bought a brand new coil (eek) like a month ago. I'm gonna take the existing one in i think i bought a bad coil.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
its good that your getting an exhaust on your car, because running open header basically creates a huge exhaust leak and your exhaust valves might not close completely. but your getting an exhaust so it wont be a problem. good luck with your build
When I read his post I was thinking that he probably just warped his valves. To me that is the only reason it would have started for him and ran fine and then not start back up after it cooled off.

Man, I hope you had fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I read his post I was thinking that he probably just warped his valves. To me that is the only reason it would have started for him and ran fine and then not start back up after it cooled off.

no it died right when i pulled in but it has bad gas in it so i figure that was it but im not even getting spark anymore

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

ya thats what i was thinking too, but i was trying to be nice because he was actually getting an exhuast on it. if it were me and i had no exhaust, i would drive it very slow to the muffler shop literally 1block from my house and that would be it. when i put my exhaust on i threw a couple revs w/out a cat back just for fun. but i love my car too much to hurt her by being foolish. im sure his car is ok, but i dont know exactly how hard he drove it w only the manifold for exhaust.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Warped his valves? I've ran motors before with open manifolds and have never burnt, cracked, or warped any valves. The last motor I broke in only had an exhaust manifold and the down pipe, and its doing excellent with perfect compression.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't rev it above 2k. But, I'm not getting any spark at all. It was running good when I took it in. I replaced the coil and its still getting no spark. And I'm getting fuel.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Might my ECU be fried? If so, would that mean the red LED wouldn't work at all?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts