Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i drive around and i come to a stop i push in the clutch and the car drops idle down to 500rpm acting like its gonna stall but after a few seconds it goes up to 700 and has a surge to it. What could be the cause?

Im trying to set my timing. When i disconnect the TPS, the car wont stay running. As soon as i start it, it just stalls out. Anybody know whats wrong?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The MAF either works or it doesnt work. The car drives fine except for the shitty idle. So i doubt its that. I do have a whistle sound coming from the exhaust side of the engine but cant figure out where it comes from. Any ideas on how to find it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
take a spray bottle with soapy water and spray it over everything, then look for bubbles...as for the whislting sound on teh exhaust side...... there is almost on that side other than the manifold and the oxygen line sthat lead to the exhuast midpipe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,132 Posts
datboibrad said:
his brakes would be locking up. trust me ive been there.
Well thats misinformation if I have ever seen it. The pedal just gets harder to push.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Shwag said:
Well thats misinformation if I have ever seen it. The pedal just gets harder to push.
im sorry but your wrong. if the line is still connected but the booster itself is leaking the pedal will stick and get harder to press till it wont even work and the brakes lock up. if the line is disconnected and sealed close and then the brakes will go into manual (no power) mode and just be a bitch to press. this is not misinformation since i had this happen to me. nice try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,132 Posts
datboibrad said:
im sorry but your wrong. if the line is still connected but the booster itself is leaking the pedal will stick and get harder to press till it wont even work and the brakes lock up. if the line is disconnected and sealed close and then the brakes will go into manual (no power) mode and just be a bitch to press. this is not misinformation since i had this happen to me. nice try.
Whats going to make the booster stick? Its human error, you press harder because the cars not stopping, and you wind up locking them up. If the diaphram inside was leaking to the other side, then it would make them lock by themselves. Oh I thought he said brake booster hose, which would cause a vacuum leak and stalling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Shwag said:
Whats going to make the booster stick? Its human error, you press harder because the cars not stopping, and you wind up locking them up. If the diaphram inside was leaking to the other side, then it would make them lock by themselves. Oh I thought he said brake booster hose, which would cause a vacuum leak and stalling.
ah and now we see the lack of communication lol. its the booster itself that would cause that not the hose. but back OT i really have no clue what could cause his problem other then maybe a vac leak
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top