Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here ever heard of making motor mounts with urethane all thread and a solo brand plastic cup. lol
I just picked up my 89 240sx roller that i am building and was going through everything and noticed the motor mounts were a little weird looking and picked one up( no motor in the car) it said solo on it like the cup and looked well it was just a piece of allthread run through a plastic cup that they poured urethane into i guess it may work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i may give them a shot i dont even know if they would get used i am getting a rb25det for the car so if it ends up i need mounts i may give them a try cant hurt i guess

·
Registered
69 Posts
Heres the ones i made using Prigles can. The can was a little too wide so i had to use 2 boxes of Flexane. You might have to find something a little smaller than a Prigles can to make with one box. The all thread used here is coarse thread and not metric. It was kinda hard finding some fine threads all thread rods regardless if it was metric or not here where i live. So i took that out and just used like a regular bolt( I think i used a tranny bolt). I found out that the m12 used on that DIY is a little too big for the hole in mount bracket. I think its an m10. (Use your original nut from the original mount and that should be the correct size diameter.
Drying

peeling

done

Flexane

·
Premium Member
18,945 Posts
Gangster... :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts