Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just some questions for a turbo newbie... i wanna get a turbo for my KA...is it ok to run 7 PSI on stock internals?? i have 91 grinded down cams... with 300 zx fuel system....
and say i could run 7 PSI safely, with downpipe, front mount intercooler and boost controller, what would my hp be to the wheels....

and would any of my bolt-ons have to come off?(like how you cant use the intake and headrs on an SR....)

This is all for a KA24de
93 s13 base

any info would help.... thanks alot...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well, the manifold off a SR will not fit (to the best of my knowledge). So you would have to either purchase on that is already made ( like a revhard or one of the same) or have someone make you one (log style, very simple). As far as fuel goes i may be able to help you out. If your hp goals are between 230-260 i have a set of 370cc injectors off my sr that will drop right in your stock fuel rail, no need to purchase a new one. I will let them go for $150.

Let me know.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Base on the condition/mileage of you motor.. you make the judgement on how much boost to run. Generally speaking.. 7psi should be ok, the KA24 is a strong motor. Provided you have the proper tuning and fuel mixture.. I dont think you will have any reliability problems.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
yea rev hard makes a manifold for 91 and up
just run low boost with some good fuel mods and ull be set
230 im guessing at 6psi ,high 13 low 14 in the 1/4 mile
thats what im hopeing ill do when im done with my ka t

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yah.. thats what im aiming for too... for now... i have a rebuild already.... i didnt need to because the motor only had 70,000 on it when i got it.. but my dads friend is a mechanic so they built my motor with all the internal goodies.. even bumped my compression up a bit...so im pretty sure it can handle it... i plan on running no more than 8psi street driven...and a little more on the track without worrying about blowin..:eek: but thats what im aiming for right now...im planning on getting my turbo last... im working on fuel management right now... got all my bolt ons...one more question...will the rev hard manifold work NA also? cuz i plan to get that first before the turbo when im all set.. or is the manifold only for a turbo setup...and if it CAN be used with an NA setup what power increases am i looking at?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yah my rebuild was free... just to get that out incase you guys think that i just had it rebuilt for no reason..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe you lower the compression on a n/a when you turbo it.....turbo engines are usually around 8.5:1........while my n/a is at 9.5:1. But i could be wrong. Can anyone else clear this up?

·
Gestapo [MOD]
2,870 Posts
Yeah, I don't know who on zilvia told you that, but you shouldn't raise compression when going turbo, that's just asking for the engine to pop. Theoretically by lowering the compression you can raise the boost to produce more horsepower safely than the compression increase will give you.

The Rev Hard manifold is for turbo setups only, it will not work with an NA engine.

And Tony, I wouldn't assume s13silady is a guy. :p

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
holy shit lol i didnt even relize that lol
hey s13silady welcome aboard honey
where ya from ??? what year car you have and any mods????
btw i only know 2 chicks with 240sx fever is one of your SNs asexy240grl???

·
Gestapo [MOD]
2,870 Posts
Well, s13silady might not be a guy, but might not be a girl. The name could have a double meaning because when you just straight up pronounce it, it sounds like Sil-80, but when you think about it, it could be Sil Lady...hard to say until we get a response, I'm not assuming either way. ;)

·
Forum Founder
6,177 Posts
I hope the girls don't get harrassed here like it happens on all the other forums when a girl post...Thats the reason most forums don't have girls cuz every horny guy pms them and what not..:eek:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
really ??? i never heard of that b4 neo but know that i think about it ,it sure sounds like it happens
that sux,well all the ladies have to do is tell ya and u just quick them out hee hee

·
Gestapo [MOD]
2,870 Posts
Yeah, it happens a lot unforutnately. I think that some guys need a reality check between what is real and what is online...obviously some of them cannot distinguish the two.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
i've seen it happen every single time a girl posts more than a few times. on other forums that is. :( then you never see the girl post again. i don't blame them. they probably either leave or create new user names.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Silady, check it out. raising your compression may or maynot be a big issue here. When you rebuild an engine you deck the head and block (shave a little metal off the mating surface between head and block) to make sure it is a flat fit, that process in itself will raise your compression, but in a very small amout, like from a stock 9.5:1 to a 9.7:1. if that's the case no worries 8PSI is no big deal. but if they went nutts and got 11:1 pistons (racing, very expensive custom jobs) then turbo is out of the question because the level of pressure in the cylinder will set-off the intake charge (detonation) but I highly doubt this is the case, so chances are you're cool. if you are making a homemade turbo set-up email me, and I'll tell you where to buy parts and what to look out for, for example the rev-hard manifold is set-up for a t-4 on center turbine housing, a rare item to find. I only know maybe 5 or 6 people running the rev-hard manifold. anybody else feel free to email also. [email protected]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow im very flattered by all of you... hahaha..... but sorry guys... ima guy...... i picked SILADY because i like sil80's and i think of my car as a female......haha...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts