Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi 240sx owner im still sorta new i understand few 240sx cars buy spacer when they get rims in and i am getting my konigs rims soon but i wanted to ask is a Spacer a recommendable ? or its not safe and i like to use it as my daily driver so plz help me out

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Personally id rather get rims that fit without spacers, but being on a budget i understand. As long as you have longer studs, you can run up to 30mm spacers without any issues. anything more and you might as well get wheels that fit. Decent spacers get expensive (some are 150-200 a corner).

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
^^^What he said. I am running 10mm spacers in the front of my car, but I also have 20mm longer studs in the front. It would be safe to run up to 5mm spacers on stock studs, but if you want to go with a bigger spacer, you need to use longer studs or use a bolt on spacer.

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
I want some 50m on the rear and 30 on the front but im not spending 400 for it.
so basically just ass stated above

·
Registered
126 Posts
Save yourself some $ and get rims that fit right, if you need help with the right size wheels you can send me a message and I can help you with that. The problem with spacers is that when you put spacers on your car you change your scrub radius (google it). When you change your scrub radius you start messing with your ball joints, and handling, your car will handle worst if you get the measurements wrong.

Now don't get me wrong you can use spacers, but you have to make you you do the measurements right, and if you buy wheels that are not the right size for your car they will have the same effect as putting spacers on.

you are going with 5mm then you will probably not have too bad of a problem, but if you go bigger try and do the math first.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will the rims i have is 15 inch will that help me and i think they are like alloy rims witch is like far out and i decide i dont need spacer so ill send you pic of the rims and i wanna ask if you can somehow help me out if they look ok in the car or i need specific wheels for them i think mine is like 15 inch though

·
Registered
126 Posts
What's who talking about? If your asking me, then grab a book and do some reading.

nhat tran32, you can send me the pictures but I cant tell you the size of your rims from pictures. If you look at the inside of your rims, behind the spokes it will tell you the size "like 17X7", or something allong those lines.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
you know, the only reason you should use spacers is for flushness making. If you cant buy wheels that fit exactly, like most everyone, and your tire sizes vary, then you want to try to get something as close as possible. If your wheels are too big, roll the fender. if your wheels are a half inch or less inside the well, then use spacers. i wouldnt use more than a 20mm to drive on.

dont think about spacers until you see the wheels on. trying to figure what you need before hand is stupid. figure 5 inches from the rear hub, 4 inches from the frint hub, to be pretty close. that means 8" +0 or 7" ~20-30 for the front, 10 +0 or 8 ~20-30 for the back. those offsets are negative, if you didnt figure that out

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wheel spacers won't cause any problem as long as you use quality ones and hub-centric so that they will center themselves on the hub.

Not on my car, but I run wheel spacers on my 4runner. Zero issues. Got them from 4wheelonline.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts