Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, just so you know what I'm working with, I have the Pioneer AVIC Z1 head unit, 2 JBL speakers in front (not sure what model, but they're decent), JBL 400 Watt Amp and a 10" JBL Sub... recently my right speaker has gotten EXTREMELY quiet, almost to the point where i can't tell it's on. anybody know what the issue could possibly be? it works on occassion, but not all the time... :/

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh forgot to mention that, I got new wires and everything. nothing in my stereo is stock.
when i open the door, the speaker remains the same volume level... :/

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Yep With electrical stuff like stereos, It's either a grounding issue; Or an equipment issue, or a wiring problem.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Do the following and come back:
Connect a different speaker
Swap out the speaker wires
Swap the speaker wires with a different channel on the amp
Switch the RCA cables around (left into right etc)
Fade the deck from left to right after swapping

That will tell you if its the speaker, wires, amp channel or deck channel

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iight. thanks guys, I'll check those out when I get the time and report back to ya'.

·
11 Got the BanHammer
14,750 Posts
troubleshoot the speaker by swapping speakers. if the new speaker is quiet where the old one was hooked up, test the cable connections / grounding. if the grounding / connections are good, check your amp.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k sweet. thanks for the input guys! i'll give it a run-through prolly sometime later this week (busy week) and get back to ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts