Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am not a 240sx owner, i drive a '01 prelude (i was debating between the 240sx and prelude, b4 i ultimately chose the lude), but one of my friends i very interested in the 240sx, so my question is on the newer american version 240sx with the mean lookin headlights wat hp and tq does the stock engine push??

ps. i was wanting to also know if the sr20det engines came with a turbo, when u swap it??

thanx
lata

·
Registered
9 Posts
the 97-98(ones with the mean headlights) 240sx came with 155hp and 160 lb tq stock. It doesn't seem like much but believe me these cars move. I know a good friend that has 2000 Prelude and it hangs right with him.

And yes if you get the SR20DET the engine comes with a turbo stock, but there is an engine SR20DE, and it doesn't come witha turbo, but nobody would swap that engine into a 240.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like it.

I jus bought my 240 and shit it's good. I've had no troubles with Civics, Z24, Newer Monte Carlos, it's been real good. The 155 hp defintly stands up. torquey little thing too.

·
Registered
441 Posts
heres the engine code.

SR = the name of hte block
20 = 2.0 liters
DE = D means dohc, E = electronic fuel management
T = turbo.

the performance for a stock USDM S14 0-60 ranges from 7.7 to 8.2 seconds

the 1/4 mile is where it suffers. it does that in around 16.1 seconds.

the JDM S14's does it in low 6's to high 5's and the quarter in low 14's. a hugh difference.

the KA24DE is a long stroke motor. the longer the stroke. the more torque it has. but it sacrisfices top end revability. that is why it always has awesome low end but the top end is to be desired. most honda blocks are squared motors with all bore but no stroke sooo they have almost no torque but is extremely revable.

·
Registered
441 Posts
yup i'm am also known as tatII in af! the forums are alittle slow there so i decided to wander off alittle bit. but i will always be a AFer no matter what though. lolz how come i never see you post in here? you seem to have quit a few post yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts