Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need some help trouble shooting my speedometer. (1993 hicas)

I tested my speed sensor by checking the A.C. voltage across the 2 pins. (around 0.5 volts) It was there.

I followed the 2 pins from the sensor all the way up to the cluster harness (using the wiring diagram) to get my signal. The faster i drive my car, the more the A.C. voltage increases. To me it seems like its working properly. IS THE VOLTAGE SUPOST TO INCREASE AS I GO FASTER???

I have tryed 4 differnt clusters and the speedometer is still not working so now i'm pretty stuck!

Please help!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
On the ac does it increase as you're speeding up or when your rpms are going up?

And on the speedo check your sensro on the tranny.

·
Registered
33 Posts
yes the voltage is supposed to be around .5 volts accordig to the manual. do you have a sr20det in it? if so make sure you are getting the right gauges. 91-94 year will work. if the volts are increasing than the speedometer is working properly. let me know if you figure it out mine is doing the same thing. I'll let you know if i get it straighten out to

·
Registered
71 Posts
to the OP, did you ever find out what was wrong with yer speedo? mine worked the first week i bought the car.. jumped around the 2nd week.. now its gone... id hate to buy another auto speed sensor.. and im too lazy to do the 5speed swap.. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i found out that the SOHC clusters do not work with a DOHC engine. Also in the wiring diagram there are a few connections under the hood. (power transister, resister, ect.) three in total. the wires are comin off the ecu, so check those out..Deffently get the manuel. Its free off the internet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts