Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I (taking some absurd advice) jumped into the fire and decided to build an sr20 powered s10. I already dropped the 1689 bucks on the sr20 motor. I know, it is easier to put a v8 in it seeing how I've done it 3 times. I'm over the v8 swap. I'd like to try a different route. Something fuel injected, something that nets more than 15mpgs highway, and something semi-original. So here goes.....

The truck was free and had a frame up a few years back so it is extremely solid. It sits on iroc rims and has 3.42 rear ratio with a locker. I'm going to order a walbro 255lph pump, a cxracing front mount 31x12x3, I'm looking at an exedy clutch (I'm debating whether to go stage 2 or go with an oem exeddy style clutch and fidanza flywheel), any recommendations on other fun things I may need?

I'm in the process of removing the factory mounts and fabricating some new ones. I'm debating whether to go small urethane bushings or solid mounts right now. I'll post pics describing my loving insertion of a japanese heart into an american chasis.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I just dont get why you would swap an sr20 into an s10? Why not just put a turbo on the V6 that comes in them? ( i know not all of them come V6) Or you could be fancy and try to get an RB into it. I just dont understand why you would put a 2.0 engine....so many other, arguably better options. What about a fuel injected LS1 or LT1? Or a 3.6 or 3.8 (forgot what it is) V6 thats in the camaros and firebirds? Not hating....just wondering.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not going for balls to the wall power here. If I wanted that I could have dropped 3500 on a 502 big block putting down 600 at the wheels. To me this sounded more appealing than doing a standard gm swap. I would have bought an s2000 engine if I wasn't coerced into this route. Its a truck regardless what is in it, it will move. I would have pulled an all-wheel swap if I had a 4x4 one.

Now should I get a stage 2 clutch or go oem with the new flywheel?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
well then props to you for thinking outside the box. I hope you plan on slamming the truck. The lower the better when it comes small trucks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I really need to get off my butt and post pics. It is in and seems at home. Some piping, some wiring, a spark and a little gas and she'll be a Nissan purists worst nightmare.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Passenger mount

Shifter location 8 inches back from stock

Since these photos and last post, it is running and moving. Just having an issue with it dying once it is warm. I dropped it 3in in the front and 4in in the rear. I'll post recent pics later this week.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i love hybrid builds and stuff, props to you! As for the clutch i would just go for a stage 2, in case you feel like upping the hp later on. keep this updated! Wiring shouldnt be too bad, you could just throw a 240 cluster in it and take a dash harness out of a 240 too to make it easier. Then run a power wire to the ecu and ground it all. as for the reverse switch run power to your lights in the back and put the ground side on the switch and valla!

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Hells yea man, I have thought about so many different ideas its not funny but I just don't have the cash. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went with an ACT stage 2 clutch. Pedal is quite a bit stiffer than I'm accustomed to. Reverse lights? Who uses those? I'm in the process of wiring up gauges, making a really heinous temporary exhaust, and just finishing up some loose ends.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Outside of 800 small issues the truck screams. Timing is a hair off or possibly the coolant sensor wire is not properly hooked up. Plus I need to weld lips onto my intercooler piping because the hot pipe likes to pop off under boost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a few quick questions about performance upgrades. I've read up on turbo upgrades and I'm not too sure I'd like to go that route. My current stance is bumping the boost on the stock t25 to 12lbs, cams, exhaust elbow, full 3in exhaust...and my conundrum is whether I need to install a vortech rising rate fuel pressure regulator, injectors and get an ecu tune. I'm aiming for around 275rwhp.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts