Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a prob starting my sr20det i think its the starter. might be bad not sure. when the starter turns on and makes the whining sound the motor does nothing. when i say nothing i mean nothing. dosent crank, turn over or anything. is it that the starter is not engaging? any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
could be the starter,the battery,or the the alternator...you can bang on the starter itself with a screwdriver or hammer very carefully. If it starts after doing this then its the starter and will have to be replaced. Did you check the battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not the batt. brand new Odessy battery. its 5 speed. in order for me to check my spark plugs i have to get the motor to crank or do something the motor is not doing anything.... like i said the only thing i hear is a click from relays. i tryied starting it by pushin the car and popin the clutch but all it did was sound like it wanted to start but nothing. i took the starter to get checked and they told me it was still good. when i short the starter out all i hear is the whining but nothing from the motor........ bad starter?

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
Man i have the same prob any one know if the flywheels for and automatic an a manual are different.
Nice threadjack......
Yes. They're different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts