Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a possibility that I might be able to do an SR20DETT setup this spring, replacing my T3/T4 setup with two small turbos (16g, etc, not sure about specifics yet). My question is if my stock SR internals would handle a setup like this, tuned around 11-12psi..

Right now my setup is redtop sr, peakboost manifold, 38mm tial external, peakboost manifold, jim wolf s4 cams, greddy intake manifold, peakboost downpipe, stock internals.. would have to do custom fmic piping.

·
Premium Member
18,945 Posts
Question... Why?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I would upgrade the head gasket to metal at least.

If you are doing this on your own simply to learn something or increase your skills then cool go for it. If you have a specific purpose for the car like autocross or 1/8th mile then fair enough. If you are aiming for high power or just for the rep, forget it. People will laugh. Everywhere you go people will ask 'why did you do that?' so be prepared

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sponsorship. My T3/T4 57trim has a lot of shaft play, and I was offered this setup (it's unique, so my car wouldn't be just another swapped coupe) as long as I wrap my rear and back window in a local shop's vinyl.

Good deal for me- I'm just concerned with how realistic it will be on stock internals, or if I should do pistons, rings, rods...I'm looking to have about the same amount of power as I have now, probably more torque in lower rpms than my current setup..

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
well smaller turbos will only contribute a little more flow so internals should be ok at 12psi. Tuning is going to be your biggest hurdle other than the logistics of piping and hoses.
Easiest would be to run a single (larger) MAF like a z32, split the pipe equally to each turbo intake then recombine the cold pipes at the intercooler intake back into a single exit on the cooler to the intake manifold.

Then you can just tune for air in vs ratios and timing.
Be interesting to see how this pans out with the latest in high efficiency small turbo designs from japan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts