Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
family friend has an SR20DET. 0 miles. bored and stroked to a 2.4L. making it an SR24DET. right? anyone used/have experience with this.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
It would be a sr20det still. Just bored out. Not mattter what thats what the engine is. Like when people swap a rb26dett into a 240 is still a rb26dett even though it is single turbo charged

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I've never understood the point of making an SR into a 2.4L. An even crappier rod/stroke ratio, less revs (isn't that why people use the SR?), forcing a head designed for 2.0L to turn an engine with 400cc more displacement, cam timing/choice has to be very though out because of the difference in stroke length, and finally it costs like 3-4k just to bump displacement to 2.4L.

·
Registered
838 Posts
It would be a sr20det still. Just bored out. Not mattter what thats what the engine is. Like when people swap a rb26dett into a 240 is still a rb26dett even though it is single turbo charged
What? You are taking that waaaaaaay to in depth.

It can be called an SR24, and it can be called an RB26DET, or an SR24DETT whatever. Shit doesnt have to be technical.

The 20 in sr20 is the liters, so obviously if you have 2.4 liters, you can go ahead and say fuck off I have an SR24 lol

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I guess, it just sounds odd. Why cant he just say he has a sr20 bored out? Sounds better

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
I guess, it just sounds odd. Why cant he just say he has a sr20 bored out? Sounds better
because people will ask "bored out to what" then you will have to say "2.4L" so realy, you may as well just say " I have a sr24" because people will figure it out right away

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I know there are dumb asses in this world that will say. "sr24? You mean sr20 dumbass"

And you all know it

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
lol like you!

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I know there are dumb asses in this world that will say. "sr24? You mean sr20 dumbass"

And you all know it
I agree, and I see your point. Most people will think your a tard saying you have an SR24. The average person will think that you have a KA24DE that you think is an SR24.
Which brings me to my next point. An SR24 does not make sense. Why would you spend the time, money or effort on making a 2.0L into a 2.4L, when you can just use a KA24DE? I guess people love to waste money huh?

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
^you have so many plans lol.. I thought you were swapping a rb?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I know right....But i got over it. Single slamer is cheaper. im short for money. Cheaper = better

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
Aaaaaand another sidetrack onto KA vs SR.

Don't see the OP asking/caring about the KA or why you love it.

Back on track.

OP - Do you know what kit was used?

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
First I'd ask him what Crank and pistons he's using. If he can't tall you that I'll call BS. SR24's are hella expensive and waste of money IMO. Like mention before the motor is now mis-matched and costs way more then it would have to use a different motor...

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
First I'd ask him what Crank and pistons he's using. If he can't tall you that I'll call BS. SR24's are hella expensive and waste of money IMO. Like mention before the motor is now mis-matched and costs way more then it would have to use a different motor...
+1, I think it's JWT and Crower that offer the 2.4 kits, if he mentions any other brand, call him on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts