Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
give them the finger, and do what you wish with the car..

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
haha...whew, honesty it doesnt matter what engine you choose as long as their is a T at the end of the engine code. Or be special and make a nasty all-motor KA, oooo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
-darren- said:
i would say swap in a healthy dohc ka engine and boost it. i only say that because if something breaks it would be easy/cheaper to find replacement parts.
Totally agree, there are so many KA dohc engines out there because of the SR's popularity. Either way I feel you do what you feel like. You look for a good DOHC KA and turboing that would be great (although I have heard of some monster SOHC's too). Its just that the SR comes with a stock turbo and gives you power at hi rpm, pretty much well-suited for drifting.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Raver157 said:
Totally agree, there are so many KA dohc engines out there because of the SR's popularity. Either way I feel you do what you feel like. You look for a good DOHC KA and turboing that would be great (although I have heard of some monster SOHC's too). Its just that the SR comes with a stock turbo and gives you power at hi rpm, pretty much well-suited for drifting.
which means you have to be going somewhat fast... in other words... low speed drifting is harder with an sr... if you turbo a ka, then it would be more ideal for a lower speed drift

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
IronSung said:
which means you have to be going somewhat fast... in other words... low speed drifting is harder with an sr... if you turbo a ka, then it would be more ideal for a lower speed drift
ummm...how would a SR be harder for a lower speed drift from a KA-T. Both are turbo motors...so until boost hits on both of them theyre both slugs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
vanish1 said:
ummm...how would a SR be harder for a lower speed drift from a KA-T. Both are turbo motors...so until boost hits on both of them theyre both slugs.
your right.. i wasnt thinking stragith.. i was thinking of the fact that the ka24de has a larger displacement than the sr20det... it has more torque at the lower end of the rpm range than the sr20det which enables you to drift at lower speeds better than the sr20det

·
Registered
251 Posts
As far as cost effectiveness, it's a lot cheaper to just swap in a sr20 or ca. From what I've read, if the KA is done right, it can be more capeable. You will have to replace all the internals and so on for any big power increases though.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
k2fender said:
As far as cost effectiveness, it's a lot cheaper to just swap in a sr20 or ca. From what I've read, if the KA is done right, it can be more capeable. You will have to replace all the internals and so on for any big power increases though.
Honestly if you piece together your own kit you can easily undercut the price for a SR/CA swap and still have around 200 hp. Ive seen ppl putting together their own kits for under 1600. Which is sorta ironic because most of those pieced together kits have parts from SR's/Ca's :gaylaugh

·
Registered
251 Posts
vanish1 said:
Honestly if you piece together your own kit you can easily undercut the price for a SR/CA swap and still have around 200 hp. Ive seen ppl putting together their own kits for under 1600. Which is sorta ironic because most of those pieced together kits have parts from SR's/Ca's :gaylaugh
True, but if you go with much more power than that, you are going have to replace internals. Thats when it gets pricey.

·
Registered
28 Posts
depends on what your goals are...
ka-t if you just want to be quick on the streets
ca also the same...for mid power
sr's everyone has...
rb25 swap is hot

·
Registered
78 Posts
over 80% of the nissans in D1 use the SR20DET, so theres a reason why they use it cauz it's so damn balanced. Exceptions are the Z33's which use VQ's or RBs, and such people as Kuroi who uses an RB26 powered PS13, even Hibino had an SR powered AE86.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts