5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stock is

16" X 6.5" - 40 with 205/55/16 FRONT/REAR

17" x 7" - 40 with 205/50R17 FRONT
17" x 9" - 35 with 235/45/17 REAR

so.... i was wondering
how this would look on my car....
any pics.. or how far rear will stick out...

i know the fronts will look/be okay.
how would the 17"X9" look on my car... will it stick out WAY too much?

the body is stock, minus the bodykit and spoiler.
suspension is stock, but want to drop it soon. ( after i get some new rims)

because then i can get alignment once instead of twice.

ON THAT NOTE
ALIGNMENTS....

so to my under standing... any time u change rims, or drop your car, u have to get an alignment...(to stop camber ware) but my brother said... that alignment would be a waste of my money because u can only change toe, with out an camber kit, which his civic 00 and my s14 240's dont have, so its pretty much usuless....

is he correct, and when do u ACTually get get an alignment.
tire change/car drop/ hit in to a curb......

BIG THANKS

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have two 17x9s im saving up for the front ones im gonna go 17x8 with a 215 45 17 the 17x9 you could probably go 255 but i think for a nice fit use a 245 because a 235 has a little stretch on a 9 inch wheel i think they look nice on there they didnt stick out a whole lot either btw mine are mb competition wheels

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
I Vote 245/45/17's

Fronts Will look pretty Close to Stock, Front suspension Clearance will be a little Close but will be fine
The rear will look just fine and Will not Stick out at all, you need 9+17 in order to be Flush so your far from it...

That is true but, then again it's not. They do offer camber bolts to change camber but you dont Really need an alignment for wheels, you need an alignment more so for a Suspension drop...

Personally, Wait, Buy suspension First, then wheels after, you car WILL, i mean WILL, look like a monster truck w/ stock suspension and 17" Wheels...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I Vote 245/45/17's

Fronts Will look pretty Close to Stock, Front suspension Clearance will be a little Close but will be fine
The rear will look just fine and Will not Stick out at all, you need 9+17 in order to be Flush so your far from it...

That is true but, then again it's not. They do offer camber bolts to change camber but you dont Really need an alignment for wheels, you need an alignment more so for a Suspension drop...

Personally, Wait, Buy suspension First, then wheels after, you car WILL, i mean WILL, look like a monster truck w/ stock suspension and 17" Wheels...
haha yeah thats number two on my list im just getting wheels cuz i have tires already and the two rims were free

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
When you get an alignment, it depends on the car, some have factory limited adjustable camber adjustments, and some dont have it at all. I'm not sure about a 240sx because i have not been under one in awhile. You can get camber arms and other adjustable arms (Ie: Toe arms, camber arms etc..) It is not a waste of money to get an alignment because it will make your daily driving alot more comfortable. If you want you can go to a tire shop and get a (# of years) full time alignment, it's like $100 for a 3 year contract. You can go back to the shop as many times as you want and they'll do your alignment for free. So you could go get your alignment after getting wheels, after you drop it go back and get it aligned, so on and so forth.

I don't know if this helps you at all. If so, yay. if not, i'm sure it'll help someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts