Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like to race, so I would like to ask who would win?

240 will have power windows with low hp but low weight

while the g35 would have more hp but more weight

who will win based on numbers?:giggle:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Do a power to weight ratio. Divide the weight of the car by the the factory hp tims .85 to account for drivetrain loss. Whichever number is lower will technically accelerate faster. If it's close then a lower gear helps and a lot depends on the driver and auto or manual tranny.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just take the g35 in some twisties that require some sideways action.
Other than that, I would say SR would be toast on the straights.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do a power to weight ratio. Divide the weight of the car by the the factory hp tims .85 to account for drivetrain loss. Whichever number is lower will technically accelerate faster. If it's close then a lower gear helps and a lot depends on the driver and auto or manual tranny.
I was always bad at math!

Define stock SR? By stock do you mean it has a T66, huge cams, every bolt-on known to man but its stock because it still utilized the factory block?
stock as in no internal work done, just hks bov, hks exhaust, walbro, greddy intercooler, stock turbo ,koyo rad, electric fans.

Just take the g35 in some twisties that require some sideways action.
Other than that, I would say SR would be toast on the straights.
Yea your probally right, I love my car with my greddy coil overs. helps my car keep up with my friends s2k on the turns

·
Administrator
5,179 Posts
Yea your probally right, I love my car with my greddy coil overs. helps my car keep up with my friends s2k on the turns
You shouldn't be keeping up with the S2K, you should be owning it in the twisties. ;) Your "stock" SR, should give some grief to that G35.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You shouldn't be keeping up with the S2K, you should be owning it in the twisties. ;) Your "stock" SR, should give some grief to that G35.
Not sure if your being sarcastic, I drove the s2k, I think it's a monster at turns. I don't know if my 240 can handle it.

I'm upgrading my diff to a vlsd, and lowering my fronts. that should help me decide who will take who at the turns :D

·
Administrator
5,179 Posts
Nope, not being sarcastic, but it does depend on setup. You should be able to easily keep up with him, if not beat him, but it all depends on your tires and suspension, and also a huge factor is driving experience. My 180sx handled like a dream and had no problems handling many more "expensive" cars. Just get some seat time and a good setup, and you should be able to easily handle that S2K, your HP outputs should be pretty similar.

·
Registered
622 Posts
lol, my friend and I were just talking about this (SR vs S2K) on the twisties.
SR most deff has the power, but with a stock suspension on the 240, I'm guessing s2K would win in the corners. Like Rlong said, upgraded suspension will put you in a good spot and probably insure a win.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My DD is a G35 Coupe 6SPD, with full exhaust system from headers to cat-back, cold air intake, 5/16 plenum spacer and a Tune and I beat my friends S13 Coupe wit a red top SR, and I also have ACT ightweight flywheel and clutch. so it depends what they have if they are both stock the SR will be ahead due to weight advantage, but the G wount be too far behind

·
Registered
27 Posts
i raced my buddy's G sedan(which i lighter then the coupe btw) and blew him away once i hit third. this was proven on the track and the street, and i have same bolt ons u do OP. let me say he was pretty upset. no mods on his ride, just some lame intake modification pop charger or some shit he called it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.