Nissan 240SX Forums banner
21 - 40 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Coordinator said:
Wow I hope my swap goes a lot smoother than that did...X_X

it shoulld. Instead of attempting to frankenstein it, I would have sent it right back. You shouldnt have to subject yourself to this just because a company wants to send out garbage. Who did you get it from

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Sickbling said:
he got it from C&T Engines in ontario....some board member here suggested that place :(
to hell w/ that board member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give rexbo his hours of his life wasted back!

G

·
I know how you feel we took my ka out the last week in December 2002 and we just got it running about 6weeks ago because of a lot of bullshit waiting on parts. It still isnt timed right and Im still waiting on seat brackets and a gauge cluster. I also replaced a lot on my car and engine and did a lot of upgrades before even putting the engine in. My wiring harness also melted itself 2months ago( the first time it started) so I had to stripped the whole thing and find what wires melted together and grounded themselves. Be carefull around the exhaust manifold with the 02 wires my wires were melted onto the manifold and it fucked everything up.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
rexbo said:
alright... another update, and more frustration.

The clutch system is all bled and hooked up, but the clutch is gonne be a real leg-buster, I'm sure there;s a racing clutch in there. A hole is cut in the bumper for the SMIC, but I discovered that its mounted too far back, and the tire is going to hit the wastegate when I turn. Now i get to drill out more holes to enlarge the intercooler thru-frame hole. What a pain. Anyways, today has been really frustrating.
Thats actually the stock BOV that the tyre is hitting.
Might be worthwhile replacing it now. Take it off the cooler, seal both entry and exit hoses with a stopper, install aftermarket BOV elsewhere (piece of metal pipe from the turbo compressor outlet is popular - you can take this pipe off, take it to a welder and have them weld on an adapter piece for whatever BOV you get)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mine is setup the same way, with the stock SMIC and stock BOV. It almost looks like its going to touch the tire but it doesnt. I have the stock 15" rims with 195/60/15 tires.

I have extra zip ties ont the SMIC to BOV to make sure it doesnt touch the tire by accident.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
hey all... another update

I just got back from Seattle, and it was a good break from this project. Anyways... I ordered a new fuel pump, and today I am going to go up to a shop around here to see what they can do for helping me by ways of wiring and intercooler piping. This side mount intercooler is a pain in the shitter, so I might just bite the bullet and go front mount. My dad's ready to kill me with all of his money I'm spending till i get my next paycheck. Also I'm going to buy some gauges today, because I really have no way to tell what the HELL is going on in the engine because the only gauge that's going to work on the 240 is the fuel level (hopefully).

$4k down the tubes and counting...

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
oh yeah... and today I'm going to call C&T and tell them to send me some REAL intercooler pipes and a REAL wiring harness. With sickbling as a witness, they straight up told me it was an UNCUT harness and that it was a silvia front end (although I should have been smarter and looked over the swap more). Anyways I'm gonne bitch at them for a while. We'll see what happens.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
i got my photos developed... i'll put them up in about 2 weeks when i move to my new place and get my shit hooked up.

I am SICK and TiRED of this shit! GODDAMN FUCKIN MONGOLIAN BASTARDS WHO FUCKED UP THE MOTHERFUCKIN WIRING HARNESS!! FUCK!

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
another update...

I really do give up. After a nice vacation I go back to the shop, and discover a few things. First... ALL the wires to the gauge cluster have been cut... soo I might as well just ditch the gauge cluster and go all aftermarket and have some audio shop make me a nice gauge cluster replacement. sigh... there's $400. Then the clutch line leaks, so i gotta go get another from autozone or something, another pain. The wring is still fucked... im gonne take it to a shop thats $90 an hour. Then the VLSD i have won't bolt into my 240, cuz the driveaxle flanges are different, but that's gonne be a whole other project. I STILL don't have a propshaft, because I'm still looking for a nissan junkyard around here, and I don't wanna spend $350 for a custom one. I'm just waiting around to see if I can get intercooler piping, and while I'm doing that I gotta cut the hole bigger where the SMIC comes through so I can move it forward outta the way of the wheel. Then I gotta cap off the power steering lines somehow, and when it gets to the shop, replace the steering rack boots. YES!

Its ironic... if I was in San Diego, I know exactly where to get all this stuff, but in order to get to San Diego (and move down to school) I need my car to run.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
wow.
i would threaten to sue the comp that you bought the clip from if they dont refund part of your money.
just rediculous.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
aite today i give a huge thanks to beefcake6681 for comin down to the shop and giving me inspiration. He drove his sil80 an hour to come take a look and to let me check out his wiring. This also leads to another thanks to Poleza for wiring up all this crap (although i shouldn't have let you near the wire cutters). Apparently it looks like this car may be able to start! All i need is intercooler piping, air filter MAFS connector, and lots of luck to make it start. He also let me drive his SR and boy... i really want to make this shit run now! Updates later!

21 - 40 of 239 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.