Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so im trying to hook up my ps to my sr. Since my sr didnt come with ps anything i gotta try to find parts to hook it up. I bought a sr ps pump bracket, got lines dohc ps pump from a junk yard. My problem is , the pump wont mount to the ps bracket. After further looking into , thanks search button, i found that its a bracket for a hicas pump.

My question is, does the bracket from the sr20de work for my situation ? or should i get a hicas pump and block the back hose? If i do the hicas way, will the lines i got be long enough to bolt in?

I know alot of questions, but i would really like to hear some info before i do anything else.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
So you have a sr and no ps stuff. You got a ps pump off a dohc ka or sr. You need a sr pump. Heres what we can do. I have a hicas car and a non hicas ps pump. You have a non hicas car and a hicas pump. well just trade if you want. Unless you have a hicas ka pump.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gtp420 said:
So you have a sr and no ps stuff. You got a ps pump off a dohc ka or sr. You need a sr pump. Heres what we can do. I have a hicas car and a non hicas ps pump. You have a non hicas car and a hicas pump. well just trade if you want. Unless you have a hicas ka pump.
OK i have both a dohc hicas pump and a non hicas pump. both coming off a ka. now i got a sr ps bracket which i found out is for the hicas pump. i didnt want to use the hicas pump. so really what i need is a bracket for a non hicas pump and was wondering if the bracket off a sr20de will work.

·
Registered
369 Posts
BP324 said:
My question is, does the bracket from the sr20de work for my situation ? or should i get a hicas pump and block the back hose? If i do the hicas way, will the lines i got be long enough to bolt in?
I'm pretty sure the PS on the FWD SR20 is on the oppisite side of the engine vs the RWD SR20... in which case the bracket would be totally different and wouldnt come close to lining up

but I could be wrong...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK thanks for everybodys help. Once i figure what im going to go ill keep ya posted.

·
Registered
82 Posts
BP324 said:

I know alot of questions, but i would really like to hear some info before i do anything else.
I recieved a hicas PS pump on my SR and was able to block off the back output and use my existing non-hicas high and low pressure lines to bolt up.

The biggest problem for me was the lines going from the non-hicas PS resevoir to the pump. They are different, so if you have the resevoir to go with the hicas pump I would switch that out also. Or, you could mess with new lines and reducer/couplers to get the non-hicas resevoir to work with the hicas pump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts