Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Game
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have a question on the subject. I know the drifting craze is hitting hard and doesnt look like its going to end soon, but what about "Super Taikyu"? That is the sport where it takes some real skill. Not saying that Drifting doesnt take skill but DAMN!!! When is Super Taiku going to hit state side. We already have JGTC making its way over, but is it the same thing:12dunno Now of the two sports which do you guys pick and if anybody knows of the rules and reg's of S-Tai. I think that People who have the super hicas models would really enjoy this sport.

·
The Game
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a better question, S-Tai, What is it? How can I attend? and what what the rules and regulations? And How and where can I find it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pardon my lack of JDM tyteness but what is/involved in this "Super Taikyu"?

Is it just circuit racing except strictly with Japanese cars?

·
The Game
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
about the sport this is all I know. S-Tai pretty much takes street cars as low as civics and as high as porche puts them in different classes and pins them against each other in a circut race. Thing is you have to use the original engine that came in the car ( so if it came boosted you can up the boost, if it came NA, no boost for you!!). They modify the exterior with body kits with the best areo dynamics ( hence all the different bodykits from japan, is this where it orginated from, thats still up in the air) after that I have no clue.

Wait I'll be right back.

·
The Game
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Super Street Magazine said:
The Super Taikyu League produces the seven-race N1 Enduro series. Taikyu means endurance, and these races are chock-full of that. Some of the events are scheduled for 500 km (312.5 miles), and just a few of the famous venues include Suzuka, Twin Ring Motegi, and Fuji Speedway.

Within these 300-mile dashes there are five individual classes running at the same time. Class 1 is for cars displacing more than 3,501 cc, which includes such beasts as the Skyline GT-R and NSX. Class 2 is for AWD cars with less than 3,500 cc, and the Evo and WRX dominate this field. Class 3 is designated for two-wheel drives with less than 3,500 cc, and examples include the RX-7 and S15 Silvia. Class 4 is reserved for the pocket rockets—cars with less than 2,000 cc, which includes the Signal Kamikaze DC5. Class 4 also features the DC2 Integra, EK9 Civic, Altezza, Celica, and S2000. While tuning is limited in Class 4, the Group N Plus Class features the same 2,000cc cars, but it’s no-holds-barred when it comes to tuning.
This is what I pulled off of the Super Street website but still no regulations:eek3dance

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Peopele here never like long races. Its is awsome to watch, its the the rolex series here in the US.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
no... there was a 24 hour race just last sunday. they are totally prepped cars. i dont know much but its like le mans, gt class (porsche viper corvette)production and then the crazy wind tunnel tuned cars

G

·
Nismospeed5spd said:
That souns cool, but it needs to grassroots oriented, no sponsors or factory cars. Just to keep it fair. It needs to be cheap most importantly!!!
...kinda like the SCCA?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
exactly like the scca. its so bad to what h stock civics and foci' trade paint around buttonwillow. i love it. like 70 down the back strech haha. 3 wheel corners. doesnt get any better

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Southern Clown said:
about the sport this is all I know. S-Tai pretty much takes street cars as low as civics and as high as porche puts them in different classes and pins them against each other in a circut race. Thing is you have to use the original engine that came in the car ( so if it came boosted you can up the boost, if it came NA, no boost for you!!). They modify the exterior with body kits with the best areo dynamics ( hence all the different bodykits from japan, is this where it orginated from, thats still up in the air) after that I have no clue.

Wait I'll be right back.
that sounds like the D1GP street legal class....no engine swaps, no gutted interiors, i dont even think CF is allowed.

·
The Game
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so let me get this straight. There isnt s-tai, its the rolex series. I cant compete in it but I can in SCCA. And the SCCA is just the same at the D1GP street legal class.

If all of this is right. Were are the rules that I need so that I can compete?

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Southern Clown said:
so let me get this straight. There isnt s-tai, its the rolex series. I cant compete in it but I can in SCCA. And the SCCA is just the same at the D1GP street legal class.

If all of this is right. Were are the rules that I need so that I can compete?
no....i was just compairing the rules to D1GP street legal class.

·
Old School
4,430 Posts
Southern Clown said:
I only have a question on the subject. I know the drifting craze is hitting hard and doesnt look like its going to end soon, but what about "Super Taikyu"? That is the sport where it takes some real skill. Not saying that Drifting doesnt take skill but DAMN!!! When is Super Taiku going to hit state side. We already have JGTC making its way over, but is it the same thing:12dunno Now of the two sports which do you guys pick and if anybody knows of the rules and reg's of S-Tai. I think that People who have the super hicas models would really enjoy this sport.

Super Taikyu or , "super enduro" is a great series..:supercool

so is N1, and i wish that both were aired on Speed but thier not..:crazyrant

oh, and the JGTC has been renamed "Super GT".:smacked49

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
but the nascar season is firing up so im killing speed till next winter. is g4 still having formula d? its a poor subsitute for drift comps but better than nothing and nothing is better than nascar. if you understand that

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If you wana do enduro race nasa has a 25 hour race at thunder hill. Theres 58 cars that start the race. So check nasa out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts