Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Suspension problem?

490 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  the.emilio 
#1 ·
So this is my first thread that I've done on here. If it's in the wrong spot then I'm sorry.

But, anyways. I have a 90 240sx that I've had since I was in highschool. A few months ago the whole car would shake badly when I would get around 55mph. I took it in to see if the wheels were out of alignment. The guy said that the front wheels were horribly out of alignment and the backs were just out of it. The tires from the front proved this without a doubt. But he also said that my lower ball joints were just about gone. So I needed them to be replaced. So I had them fixed and realigned. The car drove great. Not long after I started hearing the creaking sound coming from the suspension when I would go over a bump or make a small turn. (sounds kinda like a rusted door opening) My friend who really knows cars said that my struts were bad. So yesterday me and my dad put new struts, shocks, and Tein S Tech springs on her. Coming home I noticed that I could still hear that sound. I'm curious as to if the new set up is settling in, or if there is another problem. I still need to have the car realigned. Planning to have that done wednseday. So does anyone have any susgestions or input on this? Thanks guys.

P.S. Sorry for the long story. I just give a lot of information.

#2 ·
it sounds like a door opening when you turn? you should get some new tension rods, thats like, major upgrade from stock and happens to solve lots of gay little clunks and alignment problems. also could be your tie rods

#3 ·
your car is 18+ yrs old now... if the rest of your suspension components are stock, then the rubber bushings are probably shot by now...

Get the alignment and have the tech show you your bushings, they will all be cracked and greasy (hopefully).

I bet that the squeak you are hearing is a/the worn out bushings you have.. Sounds like its time to go buy a Bushing Kit ( i have one for sale), or go start buying new suspension pieces..

~honestly, you drive a old car.. its gonna make noise/squeaks/ etc...

#4 ·
I know she's old. But I just wanted to make sure that it's nothing really serious. I'm going wednseday for the alignment. And I'll have them look over everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.