Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to upgrade the suspension on my S14 and need some advice.

I read the suspension posts but was wanting to understand a little more with an S14 setup. I have decided to get a set of full coilovers. Once I do upgrade these should I replace the bushings, control arms, and tension rods. What else should I upgrade while I am at it? And the issue with camber once lowered. . . What is the best idea to handle this? Which brands are the most dependable?

I am looking to get a stiffer ride quality for street use but would like something I could feel very comfortable with drifting on a track. Any help with brands that I should go with and what all I should look into will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the mistake, and thanks for everyones help so far.

·
Registered
248 Posts
A semi-common misnomer you have is that running "new shocks" and "full coilovers" is possible. Full coilovers have a damper component, and a coilover sleeve component; which work together to enhance the vehicles' handling. Assuming you will upgrade to coilovers, replacing the rear upper control arms should alleviate a large camber issue. Tension rods should be replaced as they will provide more adjustment and better cut-off. Energy suspension makes urethane bushings to replace the often worn bushings on S body vehicles. Insofar as brands, the search button and basic comprehension of the English language will shed light on this aspect. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
nissan_drifter said:
A semi-common misnomer you have is that running "new shocks" and "full coilovers" is possible. Full coilovers have a damper component, and a coilover sleeve component; which work together to enhance the vehicles' handling. Assuming you will upgrade to coilovers, replacing the rear upper control arms should alleviate a large camber issue. Tension rods should be replaced as they will provide more adjustment and better cut-off. Energy suspension makes urethane bushings to replace the often worn bushings on S body vehicles. Insofar as brands, the search button and basic comprehension of the English language will shed light on this aspect. Hope this helps.
funny, yet on point.

anyways, i have silkroad coilovers and the ride is comfortable although it can get harsh if the road gets really bumpy.

95 s14

1 - 4 of 4 Posts