Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and searched didnt find any info. My question is I have a T3 eclipse turbo fully overhauled by Garret with new int wastegate never used just sitting here collecting dust. My t25 sr20det redtop is blowing oil now so instead of rebuilding the t25 or going and paying 1200. to get a new gt28. How hard would it be to install the t3, I know the flanges are different on the mani but have a shop that can re weld the correct flange needed also the t3 I have is only oil cooled. A t25/t28 are banjo fittings and the t3 is flange style connection for the oil lines. Just wanted hear what kind of problems or issues are with fitting a t3 in sr20det w/o buying a t3 specificly made for the sr20det. Or should I rebuild the t25 and call it a day. thanks

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
same as any turbo install, flanges and oil lines like you already said.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If you get a flange welded to the stock manifold it will prolly crack. Cast iron is super hard to weld. If you do weld it it needs to be heated up so the pores in the metal expand. If not 9 out of 10 times it will crack. You could also get it brazed. Your best bet is to get a cheap manifold and hack the t25 flange off and weld a t3 flang on there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes i have a megan racing manifold. I know its like any other turbo install but where to get the lines to fit the t3 flange connection. And fitment issues im going to be using bottom mount manifold will it clear the block of the engine. Thanks for the info just dont wont to run into problems that would cost me more then to just get the t25 rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
you shouldnt really have a fitament problem. Take the t25 off and see if the t3 fits. going off my s13 i dont see why it wouldnt. You will also need to mod you exhaust and IC piping.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If its only oil cooled, all you would do is simply close off the water feed, and return holes on your block.

Run your oil lines like usual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts