Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i tried to search a little bit, but could really find much. If i get a aftermarket tach, can i still use my single cam guage cluster and then use Auto meter tach??

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
That will probably work but wouldnt it be cheaper to get a JDM Silvia cluster and swap out the JDM Tach into your SOHC Cluster. I did this and everything works fine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking of cutting out the silvia cluster from the clip, but i was no recommended by the company i bought it from. Is there any wiring i will need to do for the silvia tach in the SOHC cluster??

edit: while i am asking, when ppl swap the sr in, as far as replacing tranny parts, i should replace the cluth, flywheel, TO bearing and pilot right, is that all??

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
there are 3 or 4 screws in the back of the cluster that holds the tach in place. Youll have to get a hold of one and take a look. Its very very easy to do. No wiring needs done, Just swaping one tach for another. Just make sure that if you buy one from ebay that you dont buy the cluster from a CA18 because they wont work. Must have the SR20DET Cluster.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The KA24DE Cluster will work just the same for you if im not mistaken. most of the time you can hit up the local junk yard and get one real cheap,plus with a ka24de unit you have mph and not kph.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
point of getting the silvia cluster is for the 7500rpm redline and 9k rpm runout of the tach. You can also convert the 180km/h to 180mph like i did. A friend actually did it for me by soldering some resistors on the back. Theres a write up about it on fresh alloy i think. Also junk yard charges around 30-40 for a gauge cluster where i paid 45 for my silvia cluster. Maybe its just me but i like having the shit that corresponds with my engine like the correct tach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts