Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm here located in South Florida and I plan on purchasing a 95-96 240sx preferrably an SE, running or i would even take a shell.....I plan on gutting out the car either way....I'm fairly new to this fourm and i wanted an opinion on a s14 im looking at now. 95, red exterior, no rust which is good for me but I plan on painting over..clean interior, 5 spd power everything...HERES THE CATCH, the dude is tryin to sell it for 2500 and the damn car hasnt been started in 2 years. SO i figured even if he tries to crank it he wont get very far, that block is locked/binding up....so 2500 is to steep is it not? I can get a shell way cheaper, or for and extra 5 bills i could get a running 240.....I just want some opinions on whether or not I'm in the wrong or if this guy really has a chance of turning this thing over and it sucessfully running..KEEP IN MIND THE CAR HAS NOT BEEN STARTED IN 2 YEARS..Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
id say scratch that one, what are your plans? you say your planning on gutting it? guttin the whole thing or just the interior. you goin to do a motor swap? i mean if your just goin to drive it for a while i would pay the 3 grand an get a runnin one and drive it for a while. thats what i would do. but its all on you man

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies... I want to do a motor swap on the car.. Sr20 ofcourse.. But I'd like to have the stock motor to rebuild as well..I figured 2500 was way too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts