Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GnarKiller
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 2020 and this forum is only active with robots. What's your next move?

Happy New Year to any other humans still out there.

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Hey, aren't you on my friends list here?

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Pretty sure I once accused you of Multiple Personality Disorder and being Kato/Fonix.

Good to see you back in action brother!
:giggle: That actually made my day, dude. Glad to see you're doing well as well.
Glad to see you friend.

I always thought Fonix and Word Sux were the same.
I think deep down we all felt that.

·
GnarKiller
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great to see some familiar faces again!

Now that it's 2020, have you seen anyone tune their 240sx with OBD3?

How about the latest version bucket seat?

And planking is not dead!

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Hey!

I remember one of the cars at a local shop they were in the middle of converting it to a CANBUS ecu with the whole car having changes made it it. I can't imagine what you would gain from it. They went through the hassle of updating the radio, HVAC, emissions stuff, and the engine management to all CAN stuff.

It looks like you are on that new wave of high tech that I'm too much of a peasant for lol.

BTW that bucket looks like it's buckling from that chunky monkey.

Glad to see you're still around. Do you own/work at a shop?

·
GnarKiller
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are pictures I've collected over the years (the computer setup is a friend with a RB25 setup that was trying to trouble shoot / tune without a laptop). I worked at a shop from around 2010-2014... Sikky Manufacturing in Maryland. We competed in FD a few years when I was there. I now work in technology and miss shop life very much.

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Ah ok, I figured you would be in one of those popular 240sx shops.
I too miss working in the auto industry but the way it's heading now it just doesn't seem like it's where I want to be. I watch a lot of shows where they restore cars at a profit or restore cars for clients. It just seems less fun when you have to pay bills with your time. Spongebob actually had a good episode about this. Larry the muscular lobster decides to open a gym of his own and he ends up being fat and swamped in paperwork.

On a side note, have you actually read some of the ideas they are talking about surrounding OBD3? Sounds spooky as shit.

What cars do you have now?

·
GnarKiller
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I posted the "OBD3" comment, I googled the term to see if it was a real thing and started down the rabbit hole. I need to do some more reading, but I agree... complete cloud control is scary. They mentioned connecting the diagnostics to your state inspection/emission agencies w/ court appearances attached due to failure. Crazy stuff indeed.

I'm a car hoarder for sure....

2014 Lexus IS250 - Daily
1999 Lexus LS400
1991 Lexus LS400
1996 Nissan 240sx SE (2nd owner, came with the original window sticker)
1992 Nissan 240sx SE Coupe
1989 Nissan 240sx Base Hatch

All run and drive other than my hatch that is currently a shed full of parts without a motor.

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
In other news... I also rescued a puppy last weekend
Damn man, I see you like your Lexus'sis and 240's. I'm guess the red hatch is going to be a track toy?

Yay for rescuing a pup! What is he? What's his name?

I don't have the adoption paperwork anymore for the little fella I had.

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Great to see some familiar faces again!

Now that it's 2020, have you seen anyone tune their 240sx with OBD3?

How about the latest version bucket seat?

And planking is not dead!

:big_grin::big_grin:
When I posted the "OBD3" comment, I googled the term to see if it was a real thing and started down the rabbit hole. I need to do some more reading, but I agree... complete cloud control is scary. They mentioned connecting the diagnostics to your state inspection/emission agencies w/ court appearances attached due to failure. Crazy stuff indeed.

I'm a car hoarder for sure....

2014 Lexus IS250 - Daily
1999 Lexus LS400
1991 Lexus LS400
1996 Nissan 240sx SE (2nd owner, came with the original window sticker)
1992 Nissan 240sx SE Coupe
1989 Nissan 240sx Base Hatch

All run and drive other than my hatch that is currently a shed full of parts without a motor.

Lors that sounds amazing. And they look amazing. And you're amazing.

I'm jelly.
In other news... I also rescued a puppy last weekend

Similiar?

Aw! I wanna foster at some point in the future.
Damn man, I see you like your Lexus'sis and 240's. I'm guess the red hatch is going to be a track toy?

What little fella?

·
GnarKiller
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

The mother was an Australian Sheppard... father unknown. My coworker had a friend that fostered pregnant dogs and this guy was one of the litter. His name is Remy and he is actually my first dog.

Holy shit dub!
You alive! 😂
I still like all of your Instagram pics brother!

·
GnarKiller
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh shit LMAO, I forget to match names sometimes. You live on the East Coast right?
Yeah I live near Casey (Boostin) in Maryland. We haven't seen each other in a while, but I consider us good friends still.

Insta: awilliamf

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
Oh shit LMAO, I forget to match names sometimes. You live on the East Coast right?
Yeah I live near Casey (Boostin) in Maryland. We haven't seen each other in a while, but I consider us good friends still.

Insta: awilliamf
Oh shit that's right.
I live down the road from you guys now lol.
Instead of 5000 miles only maybe 100 or so. I'm in VA meow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts